• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Any endurance athletes here?

IML Gear Cream!
How about 150mg each EQ and deca, for endurance and joint health respectively; 200mg test E/C for libido/ mental health/ drive etc.

That could be a good stack. Would be interested to see how the deca helped vs just eq n test

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

i know personally a pro marathon runner a 2h20mns guy and i can assure you he does not take any steroids and he thinks it does not help at all...he takes other things and supplements but no hormones ....and he is regularly tested for banned substances
banned substances other than steroids are used by endurance athletes, tour de france cyclists and triathletes....some do use steroids but it does not help in endurance.
steroids will not help in most track and field events especially endurance events, jumping events ...
it can help in sprinting 60 m and 100 m only ..it helps in the start of the race where acceleration requiring muscle strength is needed. but again too much muscles will slow you down at the end of the race....so it is a trade off and a calculated thing.
as far as throwing events , steroids helps in shot put, discus and and hammer throw ..but it helps some people not all of them ...because some rely on speed rather than strength..they have natural speed. Steroids gives better accelreration by increasing muscle strength but it also adds mass and it can slow down natural speed...so again a trade off.
i used to compete in track and field , i was not great but ok, however from what i have seen in general steroids do help but there are always naturals who beat them by pure talent....and strange enough when you give steroids to a natural it does not necessary help him

Last edited:
This is a very accurate post brother. I think that testosterone is only indicated to replete levels back to normal levels - total test can be strongly supressed to below 150 ng/dl during periods of intense training and racing. In this scenario, 150-200 mg/wk in divided doses can make a big difference. Similarly, thyroid and HGH should be replaced as well for optimal aerobic performance in my opinion.
i know personally a pro marathon runner a 2h20mns guy and i can assure you he does not take any steroids and he thinks it does not help at all...he takes other things and supplements but no hormones ....and he is regularly tested for banned substances
banned substances other than steroids are used by endurance athletes, tour de france cyclists and triathletes....some do use steroids but it does not help in endurance.
steroids will not help in most track and field events especially endurance events, jumping events ...
it can help in sprinting 60 m and 100 m only ..it helps in the start of the race where acceleration requiring muscle strength is needed. but again too much muscles will slow you down at the end of the race....so it is a trade off and a calculated thing.
as far as throwing events , steroids helps in shot put, discus and and hammer throw ..but it helps some people not all of them ...because some rely on speed rather than strength..they have natural speed. Steroids gives better accelreration by increasing muscle strength but it also adds mass and it can slow down natural speed...so again a trade off.
i used to compete in track and field , i was not great but ok, however from what i have seen in general steroids do help but there are always naturals who beat them by pure talent....and strange enough when you give steroids to a natural it does not necessary help him

When you say thyroid, do you mean t4 or t3?

I really like Armour for repleting thyroid hormone. T3 is the active hormone of course, but its half-life is too short for practical use - the athlete would be on a constant roller coaster ride. T4 is gives very stable levels and is also under physiologic control with regards to its conversion into the active T3 hormone. I like Armour cuz it gives the best of both worlds. I like to recommend the athlete take half his dose an hour before breakfast, and the other half an hour before dinner, so that the T3 levels are more even. The morning dose can be given in the middle of the night if the athlete wakes up for a bathroom run regularly.

Armour is dosed pretty low, how much milligrams do you take and do you try to put yourself at supraphysiological levels?

BJG-after seeing your posts the last few weeks it seems like you should try posting in the TRT section.

Not everyone here is on TRT as an excuse to blast and cruise. My T levels were at 172 at the age of 33 and I had never cycled at that point in time. I'm also interested in hearing a different opinion, even if it does run contrary to my views.

U may want to try low dose eq. I really liked it effects on recovery also

Thank you for reminding me. I completely forgot about EQ. Very mild and very effective for endurance.

Its so easy to overdose thyroid replacement - and I think that is very counter-productive. In the case for an endurance athlete, it can really decrease cardiac output by decreasing diastolic filling resulting in low stroke volume. And for the bodybuilder, too much is catabolic.

Getting thyroid to normal physiologic levels is best I think. I'll bet most bros on cycle are hypothyroid. One grain of armour per day is a good conservative staring point, and then check labs after 4-6 wks, and adjust accordingly.

IML Gear Cream!

Truly elite endurance athletes use epogen or blood doping techniques to gain this edge of perfection. EPO is the primary drug used by long distance runners. It increases the oxygen in your blood. I have spoken with olympic trainers that explain how it is beneficial for a meet, but not for long term. By long term, I mean that the effects do not last long term and that you certainly don't want to use it long term.

Most serious endurance athletes train in an oxygen deplete atmosphere, thus increasing lung capacity over time. The lungs actually expand and can hold more air. When they compete in a normal oxygen rich environment, they don't get winded nearly as easily...they take in more air full of oxygen.

When training in low oxygen environments comes to an end, and the body goes back to normally oxygenated air, the lunges shrink some...they revert to their initial size (to a degree, not 100%...or so it would seem).

I have trained at altitude and it increases your performance at sea level rapidly.
In our human performance lab at the university I went to, we had an elevation chamber that would simulate up to 18000 ft. We did various studies on the effects of altitude and performance and even hunger.

Truly elite endurance athletes use epogen or blood doping techniques to gain this edge of perfection. EPO is the primary drug used by long distance runners. It increases the oxygen in your blood. I have spoken with olympic trainers that explain how it is beneficial for a meet, but not for long term. By long term, I mean that the effects do not last long term and that you certainly don't want to use it long term.

Most serious endurance athletes train in an oxygen deplete atmosphere, thus increasing lung capacity over time. The lungs actually expand and can hold more air. When they compete in a normal oxygen rich environment, they don't get winded nearly as easily...they take in more air full of oxygen.

When training in low oxygen environments comes to an end, and the body goes back to normally oxygenated air, the lunges shrink some...they revert to their initial size (to a degree, not 100%...or so it would seem).

Very accurate. Compared to EPO, everthing else is peanuts.

I believe our Olympic training facility is in Denver just for these reasons.

Yes epo is definitely the best when it comes to cardiovascular endurance, AAS will increase red blood cell count and oxygen transport as well but it's main benefit is in muscular endurance and recovery from hard training. GH will help recovery as well. Also not only do the lungs expand but the body becomes more efficient in it's use of oxygen and the amount that can be taken from the blood in a given time frame. Meaning less oxygen is exhaled and wasted as well. The body is an amazing machine.

For those considering it just make sure to research thoroughly before using EPO, it can be very dangerous if misused

BJG-after seeing your posts the last few weeks it seems like you should try posting in the TRT section.

Not everyone here is on TRT as an excuse to blast and cruise. My T levels were at 172 at the age of 33 and I had never cycled at that point in time. I'm also interested in hearing a different opinion, even if it does run contrary to my views.
ok will do

you are an idiot

This is a very accurate post brother. I think that testosterone is only indicated to replete levels back to normal levels - total test can be strongly supressed to below 150 ng/dl during periods of intense training and racing. In this scenario, 150-200 mg/wk in divided doses can make a big difference. Similarly, thyroid and HGH should be replaced as well for optimal aerobic performance in my opinion.

no.. he is an idiot

High doses of anabolics definitely blocks aerobic performance. But low doses really boost recovery between workouts.
here is something i would like to hear your opinion about : sometimes i train with a really big guy 28 years old maybe 6'4 and 240 lbs cut but a heavy AAS user ..i mean heavy user. and when we train (specially big lifts) for example benching ..he starts out really strong and reach heavier weights than me ( he will do 360 for 6 reps) but when we want to do a last real light weight 185 lbs high reps ( i don't rest too long between sets)..i can do it as if i just started with the same energy ..but comes his turn ..he barely can do it 4 times! his veins in his head look like they are going to explode and he is sweating and huffing and puffing and just cannot keep up for the rest of the workout..and i am more than 20 years older than him and 5'5 and 165-170 lbs.
would like to hear your reasoning on that

What dose did you run?

I did 150 test e a week and 300mg EQ a week for 16 week. I overall enjoyed it and got faster. Recovery and my knees didn't bother me as much.. Next time I may try 150mg deca

This may just be the result of primarily training his ATP/cp pathway and very little glycolytic or aerobic training. In other words he probably has very poor endurance.

IML Gear Cream!
This may just be the result of primarily training his ATP/cp pathway and very little glycolytic or aerobic training. In other words he probably has very poor endurance.
yes but it is shockingly poor endurance ...i mean even if he never trained in his life he should be better than that....there must be something causing that ..not sure if the amount of AAS he is on has anything to do with that

here is something i would like to hear your opinion about : sometimes i train with a really big guy 28 years old maybe 6'4 and 240 lbs cut but a heavy AAS user ..i mean heavy user. and when we train (specially big lifts) for example benching ..he starts out really strong and reach heavier weights than me ( he will do 360 for 6 reps) but when we want to do a last real light weight 185 lbs high reps ( i don't rest too long between sets)..i can do it as if i just started with the same energy ..but comes his turn ..he barely can do it 4 times! his veins in his head look like they are going to explode and he is sweating and huffing and puffing and just cannot keep up for the rest of the workout..and i am more than 20 years older than him and 5'5 and 165-170 lbs.
would like to hear your reasoning on that

His cardiovascular system is compromised. At high doses even the smooth muscle in the vascular endothelium grows. It gets stiff and can not function as well. He may also have some AAS indiuced cardiac hypertrophy. Hi BP does not help in this either and chances are he has that as well. Also red cells get very high with high dose prolonged use so the blood is viscous and harder to pump so there is more cardiac stress. If he goes off it will start to revert to normal in a couple of months. This is why people should cycle on and off if they are going to use. most if not all the side effects are revertible if precautions and reasonable use is practiced.

apparently steriods can be very effectice in endurance and speed, the Germans had a steroid program for their olympic team, and Marion Jones, who won three gold medals and two bronze medals in the Sydney 2000 Olympics, becoming the first female athlete to win five medals in track and field in one Olympics she was already becoming embroiled in a steroids scandal that put those achievements in question.

apparently steriods can be very effectice in endurance and speed, the Germans had a steroid program for their olympic team, and Marion Jones, who won three gold medals and two bronze medals in the Sydney 2000 Olympics, becoming the first female athlete to win five medals in track and field in one Olympics she was already becoming embroiled in a steroids scandal that put those achievements in question.

Don't forget to add Johnson who used Winny in the Olympics and Landis who used Test during the TDF and the "Puerto 9" who were all thought to be part of an extensive blood-doping program (which included sauce) back in 2005.

To the ones who think that the "elite" and the top level amateurs do NOT use....well...you are ignorant and let the media run your mind :wacko:

Yes, these guys and gals have awesome genetics and were lucky to be born with a "gift", but hard training, nutrition and sleep will only take you so far....

exactly...and that's just a small group from a HUGE list..

just one more reason why bjg is an enormous fucking idiot and shouldnt be allowed to post his bullshit here.

You have to make a distinction between endurance athletes and sprinters.

Yes, of course they can, but adding 20 lbs of lbm will slow somebody down. So, it has to be balanced.

Lol, I haven't been following this thread too well I guess.

Back