• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Changing Education Paradigms

phosphor

Banned
Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This may change the way you think about the fundamental principles of education in our school systems. Well thought out and very informative.

Give it a look:

YouTube Video

LAM

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
Registered Member
Reaction score
the works of ken robinson could change the world, i've been reading his stuff off and on since high school. :thumbs:

Hated

Banned Member
Reaction score
the works of ken robinson could change the world, i've been reading his stuff off and on since high school. :thumbs:

Not likely, or else it'd happen by now. Just another schmuck looking for attention.

maniclion

Bohemian Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly believe that art sharpens the mind more than anything, when I go home on weekends and spend most of it playing my guitar and writing when I come back to work on Monday I hit the ground running, I can solve problems in design of a PV system faster, one time I built a whole new racking system out of simpler parts we had in stock thus saving us money because we didn't have to have convoluted parts fabricated anymore.

I remember when I was in School I had an art class before my geometry class and I did better with my math grades than I ever had before, math had always been a nemesis and boring subject, but for some reason after spending a period sculpting or painting when I went to that class my mind was focused.....it got all the daydreams out for just that brief amount of time to let geometry sink in. and I even started working my geometry into my art....

LAM

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
Registered Member
Reaction score
Not likely, or else it'd happen by now. Just another schmuck looking for attention.

this is exactly the kind of ignorance that poisons our country. this clown mocks the efforts of some like Ken Robinson who is an internationally renowned speaker and developer of educational tools and dedicates his life to trying to make the world better for everyone.

Hated

Banned Member
Reaction score
this is exactly the kind of ignorance that poisons our country. this clown mocks the efforts of some like Ken Robinson who is an internationally renowned speaker and developer of educational tools and dedicates his life to trying to make the world better for everyone.

You calling me ignorance is one of the best jokes I've read on here.

Cyberbulling, Suicides, Homicides caused by reckless driving, terrorism, bad economy.

Looks like the world is more of a cesspool now, than it ever was, so he is failing.

myCATpowerlifts

Registered Abuser
Registered Member
Reaction score

Just ignore him, he's worthless.

myCATpowerlifts

Registered Abuser
Registered Member
Reaction score
You calling me ignorance is one of the best jokes I've read on here.

Cyberbulling, Suicides, Homicides caused by reckless driving, terrorism, bad economy.

Looks like the world is more of a cesspool now, than it ever was, so he is failing.

That's because no one has actually read his works, besides intellectuals who are already in the know, you fucktwit.
You're so incredibly stupid, I can hardly believe it.

Hated

Banned Member
Reaction score
That's because no one has actually read his works, besides intellectuals who are already in the know, you fucktwit.
You're so incredibly stupid, I can hardly believe it.

No I'm not stupid, you are, and he should be more aggressive in getting his works in the conscience of society so the world can supposedly become a better place. Again he is failing at that, and you are failing to realize it.

LAM

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
Registered Member
Reaction score
Again he is failing at that, and you are failing to realize it.

lol...How does 1 man stand up to a educational system in LA that builds a billion dollar school for low performing students?

maniclion

Bohemian Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
lol...How does 1 man stand up to a educational system in LA that builds a billion dollar school for low performing students?
Like me, when my GF's daughter started failing classes because she was bored, I asked her what kind of art form she felt she would be best at. First she said poetry and I was excited, but then she retracted and said Painting...so I downloaded a few movies I like about painters, Sir Anthony Hopkins as Picasso, Ed Harris as Jackson Pollock and Basquiat and her mom went out and bought her an easel, a few framed canvases, brushes and paint... She took a little Picasso and a little Basquiat to heart and a few ruined bathtowels later she was engulfed by it and wanted to go to college and do some art classes and to remain there she brought all her grades up in the basics and now she is in her 3rd year and has found a new passion in psychology and wants to be a guidance counselor....