• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gloves or No Gloves

Do you wear gloves when you lift?

• I wear gloves

Votes: 111 48.9%
  • I don't wear gloves

Votes: 116 51.1%

• Total voters
P-funk said:
I have heard both sides. I have had women tell me that it is sexy because they like the feel of my hard hands and think that guys with soft, girl like hands, are not very manly.

Hey I'm all for the rough handed male! :eek:
(Take that however you please! lol)
My husband has been in masonry for 27 years and has hands like Shrek!

MaxMirkin said:
I guess so is spelling? :p

:haha:

I wear gloves and don't care how it makes me look :rocker:

I used to be "hardcore" and used chalk only, I would laugh at people with gloves and call them baby lifters (just kidding).

I wear gloves now, I really do not care for all of the calluses and the mess of chalk.

No gloves for me. I like my calluses thank you very much. I also workout barefoot and shirtless. Ah, the advantages of working out at home.

Robert DiMaggio said:
not to mention you could drop a weight on your toe or something.

Ah yes, been there, done that... nothing like a 45lb plate dropped from a distance directly onto your big toe to wake you up mid-workout!
All I can say is thank god I had shoes on!!! :eek:

I wear gloves when I work out. I'd rather sweat inside the gloves than sweat on the bar and have it slip. My gym does not allow chalk.

The gloves save my hands from calluses. I also wear gloves when I go mountain biking, yet the biking sometimes tears the hell out of my hands. I dunno.

IML Gear Cream!
I wore gloves for a long time. My forearms werent up to par, and anytime I did anything overhead with dumbells (militarypress, incline press, even flat dumb press) I needed the wrist support of a glove with wrist wraps. Since then, Ive smartened up and use no gloves, forcing my forearms to catch up.

No gloves is the way to go. Who cares if you have calluses? The guys who are worried about that are the same ones that do their hair before they lift.

I will continue to wear my gloves and not give a fuck what anyone thinks about it. :)

I Are Baboon said:
I will continue to wear my glove and not give a fuck what anyone thinks about it. :)

ok michael jackson

I Are Baboon said:
I will continue to wear my gloves and not give a fuck what anyone thinks about it. :)

protection or no protection that is the question. I say using protection during sex is good for the safety of your health, but protection from the barbells and dumbells is pointless, unless you are scared your going to get calused hands or hepitits(?). I don't see a huge threat with hepititis(?) with public used weights. Just make sure you wash your hands before an after you use the restroom and after you lift weights or eat anything.

lifting weights not only builds muscles, but builds caluses (kind of like a workout for the skin) hehe

du510 said:
No gloves is the way to go. Who cares if you have calluses? The guys who are worried about that are the same ones that do their hair before they lift.
There's got to be a healthy balance somewhere, between the metrosexuals who must get a manicure before and after each workout, and the grunting unwashed unbrushed cavemen who use their nose-pickings as adhesive for the weights.

P-funk said:
hahahahaha, I am so not a metrosexual. You should have seen the mess that was created when I tried to shave my legs for my last compeition. I walked into the gym and the girls went bonkers!!!..."what the hell did you do? you are still bleeding behind the knee! did you exfoliate? use shaving cream? anything?" LOL
Please tell me that you did indeed use some sort off shaving cream?

IML Gear Cream!
I use rags. Just wrap em around the bar.

Robert DiMaggio said:
that is not very smart, support is very important, not to mention you could drop a weight on your toe or something.

I HAVE to go barefoot when squatting

.....and no gloves for me.

Robert DiMaggio said:
ever tried Otomix shoes, or even wrestling shoes?

http://www.bestforminc.com/otomix.cfm

no. i have a habit of leaning forward which has done a number on my kness already. so what i do is stick about a 1 inch pading under me heels and it makes it easier to shift my weight back.

which lead me to...is your weight supposed to be on your back hahf of your foot or more evenly displaced throughout the foot?

Hell no! :)

MaxMirkin said:
There's got to be a healthy balance somewhere, between the metrosexuals who must get a manicure before and after each workout, and the grunting unwashed unbrushed cavemen who use their nose-pickings as adhesive for the weights.

Yes...
the grunting unwashed, unbrushed caveman wipe their hands on their
clothes or towel after each set, then wipe their face on the SAME clothes or towel thus leaving snat and boogers all over themselves...

I thought cavemen used their nose-pickings for CARBS

Arnie's left nu said:
no. i have a habit of leaning forward which has done a number on my kness already. so what i do is stick about a 1 inch pading under me heels and it makes it easier to shift my weight back.

sounds like you lack flexability.

i've never worn gloves-never wanted to. thought they were wussy. the gym i worked out in, in high school was very warm and i had horrible calluses. the first 3 years of college, my gym was freezing and i found i had no problems w/ my hands whatsoever. now i train at a gym that is very warm and my hands are starting to hurt when i lift. so it's something with the temperature, and i'm now considering gloves. and i must say...i've never seen so many ways of spelling callus!

Back