• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Q & A with John Connor Expert AAS advisor

Please post your stats and cycle history brother.

Sorry about that.

6ft 2in, 200lb, several cycles including test, dbol, tren etc. Never had any sides except I get Tren crazy for a few days. I will be ~12% bf before starting that cycle, need to drop 1 or 2 %.

Hey thanks alot for the answer and this will be my last question but what I was asking since my dr. put me on a beta blocker would that interfere with fat loss? muscle gains? thanks alot
Beta blockers may increase muscle fatigue especially at higher doses but probably will not reduce power output during weight lifting. My advice would be to get on the lowest dose possible by changing your lifestyle habits such as better nutrition, training and cardio.

PROLOR Biotech Announces Positive Top-Line Results From Pilot Study of Its Long-Acting Human Growth Hormone Injected Twice Per Month

18 Jan 2012

Post-Phase II hGH-CTP Study Shows Promise for Regimen in Which 2 hGH-CTP Injections Per Month Could Replace Current Regimen of 30 Growth Hormone Injections Per Month

NES-ZIONA, Israel January 18, 2012 PROLOR Biotech, Inc. (NYSE Amex: PBTH) today announced positive top-line results from a post-Phase II clinical study of its long-acting CTP-modified version of human growth hormone (hGH-CTP) in growth hormone deficient adults. The data show that two injections of hGH-CTP per month have the potential to replace 30 consecutive daily injections of currently marketed human growth hormone.

"We believe that the findings from this experiential study are very promising for adult patients in need of growth hormone therapy," said Dr. Avri Havron, Chief Executive Officer of PROLOR. "The Phase II results we reported last year showed that hGH-CTP can potentially provide a safe and effective new therapeutic option for adults with growth hormone deficiency when injected once-weekly, versus the daily injections of conventional hGH that are currently required. The results from this new pilot study indicate that hGH-CTP may be able to achieve an even better administration regimen???requiring injections just twice per month. This is encouraging news for growth hormone deficient patients who would like to minimize their injection regimen."

In the experimental pilot study, 12 patients were switched from daily injections of conventional hGH to a regimen of just two injections of hGH-CTP over a period of 30 days. The two injections of hGH-CTP contained either 15% or 50% of the total cumulative dose of hGH the patients would usually inject over the 30-day period. Patient IGF-1 levels, a well-accepted biomarker for assessing the activity of growth hormone therapy, were tracked in the study and served as a measure of efficacy.

Dr. Havron continued, "We believe that these results demonstrate significant potential, especially in view of the limitations of this pilot study. First, the study duration was only 30 days, thus not allowing sufficient time for patients to adjust fully to the new injection regimen. Second, patients received only 15% or 50% of their regular cumulative hGH dose. Third, the patients did not go through the dose titration procedure that physicians usually employ to optimize hGH dosing. Despite this, there was a clear correlation between dose and IGF-1 response, and patients receiving the 50% dose showed promising IGF-1 response to the twice-monthly hGH-CTP injection regimen. We look forward to further study of the twice-monthly regimen while we also advance our ongoing clinical program for hGH-CTP administered once-weekly."

ABOUT PROLOR

PROLOR Biotech, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company applying unique technologies, including its patented CTP technology, primarily to develop longer-acting proprietary versions of already approved therapeutic proteins that currently generate billions of dollars in annual global sales. The CTP technology is applicable to virtually all proteins. PROLOR is currently developing a long-acting version of human growth hormone, which has successfully completed a Phase II clinical trial. It also is developing long-acting versions of Factor VIIa and Factor IX for hemophilia and a GLP-1/Glucagon dual receptor agonist peptide for diabetes and obesity, as well as agents for atherosclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis, which are all in preclinical development. For more information, visit PROLOR Biotech Inc.

SOURCE:
PROLOR Biotech

Hey heavy, I'm planing to do this kind of cycle;
1st part - goal is to build as much LBM as possible/recomp
2nd part - goal is to get shredded/recomp

1-3 Test P 100mg EOD
1-5 Dbol 50mg
1-8 Test E 750mg EW
1-6 Tren E 300mg EW (600mg week 1)
7-8 Tren E 400mg EW
2-5 Insulin
2-5 ECA 20/200/100 2xD

9-16 Test E 500mg EW
6-11 T3 50mcg
6-7 Clen 100mcg
10-11 Clen 100mcg

1. Insulin protocol will be preworkout, dont' need help on that.
2. Do you recommend carb cycling in part 1, but not going below 200g as the goal is to recomp?
3. For the second part I plan to use keto diet weeks 7-10. That will shred me with the help from T3 and Clen, and Test is there to assure no muscle loss.
After keto I'll do carb rotation with high protein, low fat.
5. Is lowering Test to 500mg cool as I'll be cutting so theres no point to pin much Test?
4. T3 dose looks good?
5. AI will be Letro 0.3mg on Mon and Thu (this works for me)
6. Anything else that needs to be adjusted? (gear, diet...)

I'm not prone to gyno from estrogen nor progesteron/hairloss/acne etc.

Thanks!

Sorry about that.

6ft 2in, 200lb, several cycles including test, dbol, tren etc. Never had any sides except I get Tren crazy for a few days. I will be ~12% bf before starting that cycle, need to drop 1 or 2 %.

I prefer carb cycling myself. Not sure how much over maintenence you will need.

I'm not a fan of Keto. It absolutely kills my horsepower in the gym and makes gains stall.

Lowering the Test is not really the issue. Dropping total MG's is probably a mistake.

T3 dose is fine but I like running it longer.

AI dose is too low. I would start with 2.5mg twice weekly on Letro.

Overall I don't like the setup. I prefer Tren in the cutting phase and Nandrolone in the bulk phase.

Can you discuss lowering Test dosage towards end of cycle, instead of just ending cold turkey. For example:
If I am doing 750mg test / week and plan to end my cycle in a few weeks what do you think of:
Week 1: 500mg
Week 2: 250mg
Week 3: 150mg
Week 4: 0mg
Goal: your body adjusts to the lowering levels of test and begins producing more of its own. Week 3 start PCT.
(note those 4 weeks would be at the end of a 10 week or 15 week cycle, extending it to 13 weeks or 18 weeks). Sorry if this is unclear!

Can you discuss lowering Test dosage towards end of cycle, instead of just ending cold turkey. For example:
If I am doing 750mg test / week and plan to end my cycle in a few weeks what do you think of:
Week 1: 500mg
Week 2: 250mg
Week 3: 150mg
Week 4: 0mg
Goal: your body adjusts to the lowering levels of test and begins producing more of its own. Week 3 start PCT.
(note those 4 weeks would be at the end of a 10 week or 15 week cycle, extending it to 13 weeks or 18 weeks). Sorry if this is unclear!
Tapering was an old method for coming off steroids many years ago. Some users thought it would help with PCT or even replace PCT. Tapering is not needed and will only prolong recovery.

Most Testosterone has an attached ester that prolongs the release time of the free hormone. Therefore longer esters have a built in taper. Cypionate and Enanthate take about 10-14 days to reach baseline after the final inject. During those two weeks your body will likely not recover because of the presence of exogenous hormone.

Stop the cycle at 750mg weekly and start PCT 2 weeks later if you are using Enanthate or Cypionate.

Tapering was an old method for coming off steroids many years ago. Some users thought it would help with PCT or even replace PCT. Tapering is not needed and will only prolong recovery.

Most Testosterone has an attached ester that prolongs the release time of the free hormone. Therefore longer esters have a built in taper. Cypionate and Enanthate take about 10-14 days to reach baseline after the final inject. During those two weeks your body will likely not recover because of the presence of exogenous hormone.

Stop the cycle at 750mg weekly and start PCT 2 weeks later if you are using Enanthate or Cypionate.
thanks for sharing this info, good to know.

Last edited:
Hi Heavy, been reading your stuff for ages now and loving it. I took your idea of pyramid cycling and here is my current cycle laid out:

Weeks
1-5= 600mg test e
6-7= 800mg test e
8-10=1gram test c
11-13= 300mg test c OR 1gram test c

1-10=400mg deca/400mg mast
11-13=400mg deca

9-13=250mg tren a

1mg adex EOD

Now i am on week 9 of this cycle, i plan to cruise after this cycle then blast again.

My question is can i keep the dose of Test@ 300mg per week in weeks 11-13 whilst running the tren or is it optimal to add more test instead and keep it at 1gram+ then go onto crusing in after week13?

Many Thanks brother

Seems like a lot for your first post. I know the question was not asked to me but I will just add my 2 cents. I know the sides are greatly reduced on lower test when combined with tren. So I would lean toward your lower dose and see how you feel you could always kick it up every couple wks.

Are there any steroids that are more harsh on your kidneys assuming I keep my blood pressure under control. Long story short my kidneys are healthy but I had some protein in my urine. I always hear about lipids skewed and stuff thats rough on liver, but never anything about kidneys.

Hi Heavy, been reading your stuff for ages now and loving it. I took your idea of pyramid cycling and here is my current cycle laid out:

Weeks
1-5= 600mg test e
6-7= 800mg test e
8-10=1gram test c
11-13= 300mg test c OR 1gram test c

1-10=400mg deca/400mg mast
11-13=400mg deca

9-13=250mg tren a

1mg adex EOD

Now i am on week 9 of this cycle, i plan to cruise after this cycle then blast again.

My question is can i keep the dose of Test@ 300mg per week in weeks 11-13 whilst running the tren or is it optimal to add more test instead and keep it at 1gram+ then go onto crusing in after week13?

Many Thanks brother

Thank you for the kind words brother.

Before I respond to your question I would like to explain modified pyramid cycles for those following along.

I have done over 20 modified pyramid courses and must say they are my favorite way to run AAS. The human body is always fighting for homeostasis so the concept is to increase dose before gains plateau. Based on the 2009 Myostatin study we can design a cycle that is effective for at least 10 weeks using this strategy. The following first cycle is for men that want a little more performance with added risk while only using Testosterone. The first 5 weeks a standard dose is administered to evaluate how your body responds and to determine if sides are manageable. If sides are manageable then increase the dose.

Week 1-5 600mg Testosterone weekly
Week 6-8 800mg Testosterone weekly

Week 9-10 1 gram Testosterone weekly

10-25 mg Aromasin daily with the goal of keeping Estradiol between 10pg/ml-30pg/ml. Only blood work can confirm if you are in this range.

500iu HCG twice weekly.

The abstract below and the full study indicate that a powerful growth inhibitor, myostatin increases significantly by day 56 in men administering testosterone. This may explain why most gains tend to plateau around week 8 or 9 of a standard cycle. The study indicates that myostatin returns to baseline around week 20 of a testosterone cycle so this gives us insight on how to design a cycle. Either run a standard 8 week cycle OR run 20 plus week cycles (stay on). A third option is running cycles between 9-16 weeks in a modified pyramid fashion.

Myostatin is a gene, one of the units of heredity consisting of a sequence of deoxyribonucleic acid(DNA) that determines the inherited characteristics of every individual. It is a gene that contributes to the differentiation in growth factors, including physical size, and regulates muscle development.

Measurement of myostatin concentrations in human serum: Circulating concentrations in young and older men and effects of testosterone administration.

Lakshman KM, Bhasin S, Corcoran C, Collins-Racie LA, Tchistiakova L, Forlow SB, St Ledger K, Burczynski ME, Dorner AJ, Lavallie ER.
Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, 670 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, United States.

Methodological problems, including binding of myostatin to plasma proteins and cross-reactivity of assay reagents with other proteins, have confounded myostatin measurements. Here we describe development of an accurate assay for measuring myostatin concentrations in humans. Monoclonal antibodies that bind to distinct regions of myostatin served as capture and detector antibodies in a sandwich ELISA that used acid treatment to dissociate myostatin from binding proteins. Serum from myostatin-deficient Belgian Blue cattle was used as matrix and recombinant human myostatin as standard. The quantitative range was 0.15-37.50 ng/mL. Intra- and inter-assay CVs in low, mid, and high range were 4.1%, 4.7%, and 7.2%, and 3.9%, 1.6%, and 5.2%, respectively. Myostatin protein was undetectable in sera of Belgian Blue cattle and myostatin knockout mice. Recovery in spiked sera approximated 100%. ActRIIB-Fc or anti-myostatin antibody MYO-029 had no effect on myostatin measurements when assayed at pH 2.5. Myostatin levels were higher in young than older men (mean+/-S.E.M. 8.0+/-0.3 ng/mL vs. 7.0+/-0.4 ng/mL, P=0.03). In men treated with graded doses of testosterone, myostatin levels were significantly higher on day 56 than baseline in both young and older men; changes in myostatin levels were significantly correlated with changes in total and free testosterone in young men. Myostatin levels were not significantly associated with lean body mass in either young or older men. CONCLUSION: Myostatin ELISA has the characteristics of a valid assay: nearly 100% recovery, excellent precision, accuracy, and sufficient sensitivity to enable measurement of myostatin concentrations in men and women.

PMID: 19356623 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

OK, now for your question.

As you can see, dropping dose at week 11 will likely stall gains BIG time. This goes against the whole reason for the modified pyramid cycle design. In other words, dropping dose is a disaster if your goal is continued gains.

For continued gains I would propose the following;

Weeks
1-5= 600mg test e
6-7= 800mg test e
8-10=1gram test c
11-13= 1gram test c

1-10=400mg mast
1-12=400mg deca

9-15=250-350mg tren a

1mg adex EOD

The Tren Ace is added at week 9 just about the time gains begin to diminish in a standard cycle. This timing is critical to "push" gains so good job on the timing. Notice the Tren Ace extends 2 weeks past the high dose of Testosterone. This is purposeful to keep gains rolling while the high dose T is clearing. Basically gains should continue through week 15 with this setup.

Thanks for the awesome work so far, Mr. Connor.

A question - what kind of PCT would you recommend for a buddy between the ages of 25-30 who's cycling. I estimate he's around 9-11% bf, and he's doing 600mg test e per week for 7 weeks.

It's a very short cycle, and he's only got aromasin on hand (along with the basics like vitamin C for cortisol, etc.).
With his age and the low dose, sides and too long a shutdown don't seem like a problem.
Would a week of aromasin @25mg and another week @12.5mg function as a decent PCT? Or should I tell him to definitely throw in a SERM (like tamox/clomid/torem)? I normally would recommend the SERM, but the cycle seems so light and short that the aromasin seems like enough.

I reason this because I know that while both estradiol and testosterone each have a negative feedback influence on the HPTA that prevents GnRH and thus LH and FSH release, that estradiol has 200x the inhibitory effect of testosterone on a per molar basis.
So therefore, with the very low E levels preventing any real inhibition on the hypothalamus, wouldn't there be a release of GnRH from hypothalamus and thus FSH and LH from the pituitary? This is the way clomid and nolva work - they fill those receptors without activating them, preventing real E from activating them, leading the body to think it's low and thus releasing GnRH and thus FSH and LH.

Opinions? Recommendations for him at this low dose? I get back to him next week.

Hey Iron quick question my man. you advised me before to drop T3 during my last carb load pre contest. Just to clarify so i don't do it wrong, if i carb load Wednesday, thursday, and friday, would i drop it starting Wednesday? or do i drop it with my last load day on friday? contest is saturday.

Iron,
Can I PM you about my gear stash and we come up with a good cycle layout? I prefer to handle that via PM.

IML Gear Cream!
Hey heavy I have a a question for you. Below is my cycle that I am currently on and I have run into a gyno problem. I have had pre existing gyno and every time I go on cycles I get flare ups. I am wanting to throw in some letro but am unsure of the dosage. Have never tried letro either. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1-10 Tren A 50mg ED
1-10 Test Prop 85mg ED
1-10 Exemestane 25 ED
1-10 Caber .5mg EOD

Hey pitbull. i am no expert like heavy, i assure you that. But i have reversed gyno several times and now always use letro on cycle. here is the best post in the world regarding gyno and letro. hope it helps

All you need to know about GYNO.

Are there any steroids that are more harsh on your kidneys assuming I keep my blood pressure under control. Long story short my kidneys are healthy but I had some protein in my urine. I always hear about lipids skewed and stuff thats rough on liver, but never anything about kidneys.
Many things can cause Kidney disease. From diabetes to high blood pressure not to mention genetics or certain medications taken for long durations like Tylenol. You need to continue to see a doctor about the protein in your urine so you can identify the cause.

I would avoid oral steroids to keep stress off your organs but injectable testosterone should be fine for a typical 8 week cycle as long as the dose is reasonable. Some believe Trenbolone may stress the kidneys and many do report dark urine on some Trenbolone preparations however I don't know of any clear science that supports this. Stay well hydrated and you may consider labs mid cycle to keep track of your kidney values.

Good luck

Sorry, didn't know if u missed me heavy.
can we do that? through PM? then post it up here

Many things can cause Kidney disease. From diabetes to high blood pressure not to mention genetics or certain medications taken for long durations like Tylenol. You need to continue to see a doctor about the protein in your urine so you can identify the cause.

I would avoid oral steroids to keep stress off your organs but injectable testosterone should be fine for a typical 8 week cycle as long as the dose is reasonable. Some believe Trenbolone may stress the kidneys and many do report dark urine on some Trenbolone preparations however I don't know of any clear science that supports this. Stay well hydrated and you may consider labs mid cycle to keep track of your kidney values.

Good luck

Thanks I really appreciate it. I guess I'll hold off on the 6 bottles of super dmz i hoarded before they ran out. No family history, no diabetes, no high blood pressure and past urine samples from 6 years ago had 0 protein in urine, so I'll just stick with test and def follow up with labs. Thanks again.

Great read here heavy

As a man who clearly loves his gear you must have come across the dreaded ance??

If so could you do a write up on best way to conbat it would be much appreciated cheers!

Heavy,

Mr iron.

how many cycles did you do before you started experimenting with hgh and peptides?

Thanks for the awesome work so far, Mr. Connor.

A question - what kind of PCT would you recommend for a buddy between the ages of 25-30 who's cycling. I estimate he's around 9-11% bf, and he's doing 600mg test e per week for 7 weeks.

It's a very short cycle, and he's only got aromasin on hand (along with the basics like vitamin C for cortisol, etc.).
With his age and the low dose, sides and too long a shutdown don't seem like a problem.
Would a week of aromasin @25mg and another week @12.5mg function as a decent PCT? Or should I tell him to definitely throw in a SERM (like tamox/clomid/torem)? I normally would recommend the SERM, but the cycle seems so light and short that the aromasin seems like enough.

I reason this because I know that while both estradiol and testosterone each have a negative feedback influence on the HPTA that prevents GnRH and thus LH and FSH release, that estradiol has 200x the inhibitory effect of testosterone on a per molar basis.
So therefore, with the very low E levels preventing any real inhibition on the hypothalamus, wouldn't there be a release of GnRH from hypothalamus and thus FSH and LH from the pituitary? This is the way clomid and nolva work - they fill those receptors without activating them, preventing real E from activating them, leading the body to think it's low and thus releasing GnRH and thus FSH and LH.

Opinions? Recommendations for him at this low dose? I get back to him next week.
I typically like guys to use a SERM for recovery but we do have some good science on Aromatase Inhibitors like Arimidex and Letrozole reversing Hypogonadism. AI's can increase LH and FSH as well as the more obvious raising of free Testosterone and the lowering of Estradiol.

However with that said, most studies on reversing hypogonadism using AI's use much longer durations than your proposal. 4 weeks to 6 months are the ranges in the studies I have read, therefore at least a 4 week AI treatment would be advised.

Here are a few studies for you to look at on the topic brother;

Effect of aromatase inhibition on lipids and inflammatory markers of cardiovascular disease in elderly men with low testosterone levels.

Dougherty RH, Rohrer JL, Hayden D, Rubin SD, Leder BZ.
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA.

OBJECTIVE: Although androgen replacement has been shown to have beneficial effects in hypogonadal men, there is concern that androgens may deleteriously affect cardiovascular risk in elderly men.

DESIGN: Anastrozole is an oral aromatase inhibitor that normalizes serum testosterone levels and decreases oestradiol levels modestly in elderly men with mild hypogonadism. Thirty-seven elderly hypogonadal men were randomized to receive either anastrozole 1 mg daily (n = 12), anastrozole 1 mg twice weekly (n = 11), or daily placebo (n = 14) for 12 weeks in a double-blind fashion.

PATIENTS: Men aged 62-74 years with mild hypogonadism defined by testosterone levels less than 350 ng/dl.

MEASUREMENTS: Serum levels of fasting lipids, C-reactive protein (CRP), interleukin-6 (IL-6), intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) and homeostatic model assessment (HOMA) scores were measured at 4-week intervals.

RESULTS: Treatment with anastrozole did not significantly affect fasting lipids, inflammatory markers (IL-6, CRP), adhesion molecules (ICAM-1, VCAM-1) or insulin sensitivity (HOMA). There was, however, a positive correlation between changes in serum triglycerides and changes in serum oestradiol levels (P = 0.04).

CONCLUSIONS: While short-term administration of anastrozole is an effective method of normalizing serum testosterone levels in elderly men with mild hypogonadism, it does not appear to adversely affect lipid profiles, inflammatory markers of cardiovascular risk or insulin resistance.

PMID: 15670201 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Oct;90(10):5717-22. Epub 2005 Jul 26.

Comparative assessment in young and elderly men of the gonadotropin response to aromatase inhibition.

T'Sjoen GG, Giagulli VA, Delva H, Crabbe P, De Bacquer D, Kaufman JM.
Department of Endocrinology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium. guy.tsjoen@ugent.be

Abstract

CONTEXT: Aging in men is associated with a decline in serum testosterone (T) levels.

OBJECTIVE: Our objective was to assess whether decreased T in aging might result from increased estradiol (E2) negative feedback on gonadotropin secretion.

DESIGN AND SETTING: We conducted a comparative intervention study (2004) in the Outpatient Endocrinology Clinic, Ghent University Hospital.

PARTICIPANTS: Participants included healthy young and elderly men (n = 10 vs. 10).

INTERVENTIONS: We used placebo and letrozole (2.5 mg/d) for 28 d, separated by 2 wk washout.

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: We assessed changes in serum levels of free E2, LH, and FSH, free T, SHBG, and gonadotropins response to an i.v. 2.5-microg GnRH bolus.

RESULTS: As assessed after 28 d of treatment, letrozole lowered E2 by 46% in the young men (P = 0.002) and 62% in the elderly men (P < 0.001). In both age groups, letrozole, but not placebo, significantly increased LH levels (339 and 323% in the young and the elderly, respectively) and T (146 and 99%, respectively) (P value of young vs. elderly was not significant). Under letrozole, peak LH response to GnRH was 152 and 52% increase from baseline in young and older men, respectively (P = 0.01).

CONCLUSIONS: Aromatase inhibition markedly increased basal LH and T levels and the LH response to GnRH in both young and elderly men. The observation of similar to greater LH responses in the young compared with the elderly does not support the hypothesis that increased restraining of LH secretion by endogenous estrogens is instrumental in age-related decline of Leydig cell function.

PMID: 16046582 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Eur J Endocrinol. 2008 May;158(5):741-7.

Letrozole once a week normalizes serum testosterone in obesity-related male hypogonadism.

Loves S, Ruinemans-Koerts J, de Boer H.
Department of Internal Medicine, Ziekenhuis Rijnstate, Wagnerlaan 55, 6800 TA Arnhem, The Netherlands.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE: Isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) is frequently observed in severely obese men, probably as a result of increased estradiol (E(2)) production and E(2)-mediated negative feedback on pituitary LH secretion. Aromatase inhibitors can reverse this process. This study evaluates whether letrozole once a week can normalize serum testosterone in severely obese men and maintain its long term effect.

DESIGN: Open, uncontrolled 6-month pilot study in 12 severely obese men (body mass index>35.0 kg/m(2)) with obesity-related IHH and free testosterone levels <225 pmol/l, treated with 2.5 mg letrozole once a week for 6 months.

RESULTS: Six weeks of treatment reduced total E(2) from 123+/-11 to 58+/-7 pmol/l (P<0.001, mean+/-s.e.m.), and increased serum LH from 4.4+/-0.6 to 11.1+/-1.5 U/l (P<0.001). Total testosterone rose from 5.9+/-0.5 to 19.6+/-1.4 nmol/l (P<0.001), and free testosterone from 163+/-13 to 604+/-50 pmol/l (P<0.001). Total testosterone rose to within the normal range in all subjects, whereas free testosterone rose to supraphysiological levels in 7 out of 12 men. The testosterone and E(2) levels were stable throughout the week and during the 6-month treatment period.

CONCLUSION: Letrozole 2.5 mg once a week produced a sustained normalization of serum total testosterone in obese men with IHH. However, free testosterone frequently rose to supraphysiological levels. Therefore, a starting dose <2.5 mg once a week is recommended.

PMID: 18426834 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Back