• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Your opinions on Cardio please?

HickeyNC

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have read and found that when you do cardio, more speciffically in th emornings on an empty stomach, that you will continue to burn more calories in the hours afterwards due to the increased metabolism.

Taking this into consideration, would be true that if you did cardio out, say an hour before you went to bed, would you still have the increased metabolism when you went to sleep, thuse burning more calroies than if you were to come home and just go to bed with out doing anything.

The reason i ask this question is because, it is to my understanding that in the mornings, you have fasted for 7 or 8 hours. So your body is pulling more energy from its stored energy, not energy you have just consumed. Would this still apply if your last meal was at say 6, and you rworked out at 9PM?

I am not 100% sure on the previous paragraph, but i have read a couple of things that state that, or something close. My main concern is with the cardio before going to bed.

Any opinions or feedback would be great, and like i said i am just curious.

Thanks,

It sounds good but when you think of it, your body slows down wile sleeping so I don't realy think your metabolism will increase much.

I believe that doing cardio in the morning is the best time but doing it at 9pm would work well to, if its the only time you can do it, then go for it.

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

Sounds reasonable to me Hickey. The only downside I think I can see is that in the long run your body might compensate and decide, "hey, this kid is using too many calories and not giving me enough at night to eat, but he is not getting away with it, time to slow the metabolism down further all night..." or "hey, your not getting to sleep easy kid if you do that to me..."

------------------
Lift well! But don't forget to put it down afterwards.

My wife has been running on our treadmill first thing in the morning (5:30am) on an empty stomach, and she said that she does not notice much of a difference.
confused.gif

------------------
train hard!

Well, i was just curious about it, but i honestly dont think i could do it. The only thing i want to do when i get hom from my day is to relax for a while and then get ready for the next day then go to bed.

The idea just popped into my head this morning while i was on the stairmaster at the gym. Which alot of things tend to do. But i tend to for get them. Thanks for the feed back.

Hey EarWax, Not that i mind at all, i have pretty thick skin, but i was just wondering why you call me kid. No Big deal though. Just wondering.

------------------
Thanks,

HickeyNC

Oh, I didn't mean it in a personal way Hickey. It was just how I imagined "how the body" would refer to body owner. Not you personally of course.
smile.gif

------------------
Lift well! But don't forget to put it down afterwards.

Or you'll be too wired to sleep. I've heard some people have this problem. Course I can sleep no matter what so I can't say for sure.

------------------
Shut Up and LIFT!!

Well i did not take it personally. I just though it was kind of funny. No big deal at all.
smile.gif

------------------
Thanks,

HickeyNC

Cardio on an empty stomach is alleged to be the best. I think its unproven. But I also admit I couldn't hack it, I need food when I get up!

Cardio gives you TWO positive metabolism hits. One when you're doing it, that does last for a while after. The second hit is the accumulation of cardio ocer time that semi-permanently raises metabolism.

Caution: Eat your protein or lose your muscles.

This is what I do, in the summer.
before bed run about 30 minutes, I think it burns of any extra calories so it wont turn to fat when I sleep. Then I run in the morning half hour again to burn fat. I will do this to say around and 8 to 10 body fat. If I go under I will only do it in the morning.

------------------
a heathly body is a heathly mind

IML Gear Cream!
I don't do cardio. I weigh 700 lbs, eat 5 meals from McDonald's every hour and never move.

I'm dead sexy!!
tongue.gif

------------------
Pianomahnn.com

Life is fun!!

Back