• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Fu Fu's l337 journal

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
sean - :D thanks.

shiznit - yes, but I haven't been playing it as much as I used to since I bought oblivion...it owns my life now.
 

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
4,246
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
fufu said:
sean - :D thanks.

shiznit - yes, but I haven't been playing it as much as I used to since I bought oblivion...it owns my life now.

Damn Fufu... you're one of my kind :laugh:
 

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
4,246
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
fufu said:
kekekeke, thank you!

Haven't gotten a 360 yet (6600 GT isn't ideal for Oblivion)... Only problem is getting a job... to afford it. I've applied numerous places but no luck... I still have 3 more places in mind though, and at LEAST one is a pretty good chance.
 

EricCamper

Graphics Guru
Registered Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
71
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Delaware
Yeah....Oblivion does kick ass......My thing is a little Ghost Recon...Just online though...No patience for having the computer kick my ass.. lol.....
 

shiznit2169

flawless
Registered Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
4,076
Reaction score
26
Points
0
Location
Massachusetts
shiznit - yes, but I haven't been playing it as much as I used to since I bought oblivion...it owns my life now.

I used to be a hardcore gamer 3-4 years ago. I was a competitor in counter-strike and was part of clans that played in leagues such as CAL and we would have matches. I don't know if you know what i am talking about since most people are just occassional pubbers but i was pretty good until my clan died and i pretty much got sick of the game because the immaturity was at an all time low.

"omg ur bad kthx"
"noob"
"pwwwnneedd"

.. ya that got really annoying

Ever since then, i havent played video games in 2 years. My ps2 and gamecube are just sitting in the closet at home. Ha, i may get back into gaming over the summer so would you mind telling me what Oblivion is all about?
 

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
4,246
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
shiznit2169 said:
I used to be a hardcore gamer 3-4 years ago. I was a competitor in counter-strike and was part of clans that played in leagues such as CAL and we would have matches. I don't know if you know what i am talking about since most people are just occassional pubbers but i was pretty good until my clan died and i pretty much got sick of the game because the immaturity was at an all time low.

"omg ur bad kthx"
"noob"
"pwwwnneedd"

.. ya that got really annoying

Ever since then, i havent played video games in 2 years. My ps2 and gamecube are just sitting in the closet at home. Ha, i may get back into gaming over the summer so would you mind telling me what Oblivion is all about?
In case you do start over the summer, make sure to play Resident Evil 4 for either PS2 or Gamecube... GC has better graphics, but the PS2 version has more content. Haha, we're whoring fufu's journal with |\|3|2|)()/\/\
 

shiznit2169

flawless
Registered Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
4,076
Reaction score
26
Points
0
Location
Massachusetts
I'll rent it first to see what it's like. I am not really into those types of games. I usually play sports games or first person shooting games.

By the way, has zelda (the 3D version) come out for gamecube yet? I was a big fan of zelda ocarina of time and majoras mask. I was pissed when they released the cartoon zelda game (cell shading .. i think it was called) and didnt buy it.

Ya sorry fufu, i guess your journal name is gonna have to be "FuFu's Elite Hardcore Gaming Journal"
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
shiznit2169 said:
I used to be a hardcore gamer 3-4 years ago. I was a competitor in counter-strike and was part of clans that played in leagues such as CAL and we would have matches. I don't know if you know what i am talking about since most people are just occassional pubbers but i was pretty good until my clan died and i pretty much got sick of the game because the immaturity was at an all time low.

"omg ur bad kthx"
"noob"
"pwwwnneedd"

.. ya that got really annoying

Ever since then, i havent played video games in 2 years. My ps2 and gamecube are just sitting in the closet at home. Ha, i may get back into gaming over the summer so would you mind telling me what Oblivion is all about?

Oh yeah I'm down with CAL, so many people hack in CS, there is usually atleast one hacker in most servers. I never played in a league or anything but I helped run a pub server.

If you have ever played Morrowind(Elderscrolls III), it is kind of like it, except the graphics are a hell of alot better, there is so much fun in the sun that you can play it for 1000's of hours and still find new stuff in it. There is so just so much you can do in it. I'm starting to confuse it with realy life it is so l337. You are this guy(that you create) and you are in this world and you just go around questing and basically doing whatever the fuck you wanna do. The character creation is incredible, you can change just about anything physical about him/her. Of course there is a main quest but that is only like 10% of the game. I guess it can be compared to the new Grand Theft Auto games, except you are in a medieval fantasty land. I heard that there hasn't been one place that had rated it under a 9.0.
 

shiznit2169

flawless
Registered Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
4,076
Reaction score
26
Points
0
Location
Massachusetts
Get Shredded!
Sounds good, ill look into it and possibly buy it over the summer. It's a PC game right?
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
shiznit2169 said:
I'll rent it first to see what it's like. I am not really into those types of games. I usually play sports games or first person shooting games.

By the way, has zelda (the 3D version) come out for gamecube yet? I was a big fan of zelda ocarina of time and majoras mask. I was pissed when they released the cartoon zelda game (cell shading .. i think it was called) and didnt buy it.

Ya sorry fufu, i guess your journal name is gonna have to be "FuFu's Elite Hardcore Gaming Journal"

Yeah the Zelda games for N64 are part of my all time favorites. I remember when they came out with the other Zelda games, I kind of stopped following them at that point. I'm not much of a fan of T.V. consoles. PC for the win.

This will be a journal of two great things, lifting weights and video games.:D
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
shiznit2169 said:
Sounds good, ill look into it and possibly buy it over the summer. It's a PC game right?

They have it for Xbox 360 and PC. I highly reccomend the PC version though. The quicksave/quickload aspect rules the xbox.
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Seanp156 said:
Haven't gotten a 360 yet (6600 GT isn't ideal for Oblivion)... Only problem is getting a job... to afford it. I've applied numerous places but no luck... I still have 3 more places in mind though, and at LEAST one is a pretty good chance.

Just work a week so you can supply yourself with Oblivion and caffiene pills. Then lock yourself in your room for days...
 

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
4,246
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
fufu said:
Just work a week so you can supply yourself with Oblivion and caffiene pills. Then lock yourself in your room for days...
:D Doesn't the 360 version have the ability to save anywhere?
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Seanp156 said:
:D Doesn't the 360 version have the ability to save anywhere?

You can but there isn't a quicksave/load according to my friend who has it. The quicksave on PC is awesome, it doesn't even stop you from playing it just saying "quicksaving" in the corner. Quickload is almost instant.
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Played tennis today, it was meh.
 

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
4,246
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
fufu said:
Played tennis today, it was meh.
I used to play tennis... I had a coach that trained the hell out of me in the summers.... I was in damn good shape sprinting wise etc..... Haven't played for a long time now.
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Seanp156 said:
I used to play tennis... I had a coach that trained the hell out of me in the summers.... I was in damn good shape sprinting wise etc..... Haven't played for a long time now.


I love tennis. Somedays I just play meh and somedays I'm just on it. Inconsistantcy along with tendon problems drove me away from tennis for a while. I'm going to try to get back in the groove of it during the summer.
 

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
4,246
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
fufu said:
I love tennis. Somedays I just play meh and somedays I'm just on it. Inconsistantcy along with tendon problems drove me away from tennis for a while. I'm going to try to get back in the groove of it during the summer.

I used to love it... I always loved the feeling of having REALLY consitent and good serves, but if you don't keep up with it for at LEAST 1-2 hours twice a week or so, it's easy to lose the touch again.
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Seanp156 said:
I used to love it... I always loved the feeling of having REALLY consitent and good serves, but if you don't keep up with it for at LEAST 1-2 hours twice a week or so, it's easy to lose the touch again.

yep yep yep.
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Here is today's workout.

military press RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 10 reps at 75 lbs (warm up)
set #2 - 6 reps at 115 lbs
set #3 - 6 reps at 115 lbs

lateral raises RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 10 reps at 25 lbs each arm
set #2 - 10 reps at 25 lbs each arm

posterior delt cable pull RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at 40 lbs each arm
set #2 - 8 reps at 40 lbs each arm

dumb bell static holds RI 60 seconds
set #1 - x2 90 lbs for 30 seconds
set #2 - x2 90 lbs for 30 seconds
 

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
4,246
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
Nice work, I see you're keeping track of RI's now. Do you do your military presses sitting or standing?
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Seanp156 said:
Nice work, I see you're keeping track of RI's now. Do you do your military presses sitting or standing?



Yeah I always count my RI in the gym but would never log them. I figure it is a good idea recording them seeing as sometimes I change them time to time.

I do them standing. For some reason when I do military presses I always have trouble breathing in. My body just gets so tight.
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Today is my first "official" day back to legs. Here it is:

squats RI 2-3 minutes
set #1 - 12 reps at 115 lbs (warm up)
set #2 - 8 reps at 225 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at 225 lbs
set #4 - 6 reps at 225
set #5 - 7 reps at 205

on my fifth set I could have done a few more reps but my form was being seriously compromised because I was wasted from the previous sets. The bar was also slowly lowering down. It was a matter of endurance, something I should probably work on. I wanted the even 8! Damn it.

dumb bell lunges RI 2 minutes
set #1 - 6 reps each leg at x2 55 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps each leg at x2 55 lbs :barf:

dumb bell SL sumo deadlifts
set #1 - 8 reps at x2 85 lbs

grip was raped at this point so I figured it best to switch over to barbells

barbell sumo deadlifts(not SL) RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at 205 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at 205 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at 205 lbs

smith machine calf raises RI 45 seconds
set #1 - 20 reps at 135 lbs(I guess? a 45 lb plate each end)
set #2 - 20 reps at 135 lbs
set #3 - 20 reps at 135 lbs

This was the most savage work out I've had in a while. It feels awesome to have it behind me though. Now I can take the weekend to rest and then back to the weights. Next friday I'll be lifting for power, reps will be in the 1-4rep range.
 

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
4,246
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
fufu said:
Today is my first "official" day back to legs. Here it is:

squats RI 2-3 minutes
set #1 - 12 reps at 115 lbs (warm up)
set #2 - 8 reps at 225 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at 225 lbs
set #4 - 6 reps at 225
set #5 - 7 reps at 205

on my fifth set I could have done a few more reps but my form was being seriously compromised because I was wasted from the previous sets. The bar was also slowly lowering down. It was a matter of endurance, something I should probably work on. I wanted the even 8! Damn it.

dumb bell lunges RI 2 minutes
set #1 - 6 reps each leg at x2 55 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps each leg at x2 55 lbs :barf:

dumb bell SL sumo deadlifts
set #1 - 8 reps at x2 85 lbs

grip was raped at this point so I figured it best to switch over to barbells

barbell sumo deadlifts(not SL) RI 90 seconds
set #1 - 8 reps at 205 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at 205 lbs
set #3 - 8 reps at 205 lbs

smith machine calf raises RI 45 seconds
set #1 - 20 reps at 135 lbs(I guess? a 45 lb plate each end)
set #2 - 20 reps at 135 lbs
set #3 - 20 reps at 135 lbs

This was the most savage work out I've had in a while. It feels awesome to have it behind me though. Now I can take the weekend to rest and then back to the weights. Next friday I'll be lifting for power, reps will be in the 1-4rep range.

Good looking workout Fu :thumb:
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Here is yesterday's chest/triceps shindig -

db flat bench
set #1 - 10 reps at x2 45 lbs (warm up)
set #2 - 10 reps at x2 70 lbs
set #3 - 9 1/2 reps at x2 70 lbs

db incline bench
set #1 - 8 reps at x2 55 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at x2 55 lbs

machine seated chest press
set #1 - 8 reps at 165 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at 150 lbs

cable flies
set #1 - 6 reps at x2 60 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps at x2 50 lbs

close grip bench
set #1 - 8 reps at 115 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps at 115 lbs

db single handed tricep extentions
set #1 - 8 reps each hand at 25 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps right/7 left at 25 lbs

Wow, this is the third week I've had a shitty chest work out. Strength is down. I ended up going to failure on several sets because I was lifting weight I thought was moderate for me. I really have to change shit around, I'm not going to go through another week of doing the same sort of thing. I usually change rep/set schemes every other week but it is hard to set them up when I can't find where my strength is at because it has been wacky with chest pressing and such.

I think I'm going to lower volume and a bit of intensity and work chest on monday and thursday, switching between dumb bells and barbells. We will see how that works out.
 

Seanp156

Lexen Xtreme
Registered Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
4,246
Reaction score
15
Points
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
fufu said:
Wow, this is the third week I've had a shitty chest work out. Strength is down. I ended up going to failure on several sets because I was lifting weight I thought was moderate for me. I really have to change shit around, I'm not going to go through another week of doing the same sort of thing.

Too much Oblivion? :p
 

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
19,037
Reaction score
274
Points
83
Here is today's back/biceps shindig -

This workout I was training for strength/power.

dumb bell rows -
set #1 - 10 reps each side at 50 lbs (warm up)
set #2 - 5 reps each side at 85 lbs
set #3 - 5 reps each side at 95 lbs PR
set #4 - 5 reps each side at 95 lbs

wide grip cable pulldown -
set #1 - 6 reps at 150 lbs
set #2 - 5 reps at 165 lbs
set #3 - 5 reps at 165 lbs

deadlifts -
set #1 - I kind of lost count doing these, either 8 or 10 reps at 135 lbs (warmup)
set #2 - 6 reps at 245 lbs DOH
set #3 - 6 reps at 255 lbs DOH
set #4 - 6 reps at 265 lbs DOH PR

deadlifts went great, I probably did them as controlled as I ever have, going relatively slow on the eccentric portion of the lift.

standing db curls
set #1 - 8 reps each arm at x2 30 lbs (warm up)

Incline dumb bell curls
set #1 - 6 reps each arm at x2 40 lbs
set #2 - 6 reps each arm at x2 40 lbs

standing cable curls
set #1 - 8 reps at 100 lbs
set #2 - 8 reps at 100 lbs

I got an awesome pump. The biggest pump I've got in my biceps in a long time.

Overall this workout was awesome. I felt great afterwards. I've been impressed with my back/biceps days for the past three weeks. I now know that I'm not losing strength overall. Just in the chest area for some reason.
 
Top