• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How do you tell your family "no?"

MtnBikerChk

Stealth Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
For example..... last night, IAB's mom made meatballs and put out all sorts of chips and bad for you foods - especially dessert. We had made it a point of eating before hand so we only had a little bit of the least bad stuff we could find.

Sometimes I get the feeling she takes it personally when we say "no thanks."

How do you handle these situations?

my mom and dad did the same thing to me,after a while it sunk in on my wants and desires.i did have to explain several times that NO I CANT EAT THAT BECAUSE.........i felt bad too, but she started to cook healthy meals so eveybody benefits.but its a delicate situation.:)

My family understands that when I'm dieting for a show...that's it....I even get my own special meals at family dinners :eek: as for any other time, if I know beforehand that I'll be eating somewhere, I just work it so that will be a cheat-day of sorts.

Last edited:
You could just say what I say to my brother: "What are you eating THAT for, you fat ass?" Then he shakes his gut at me.

:no:

BTW, two of the foods from last night were Wavy Lays potato chips, and cheese curls. MMmmmmmmmmmmm.....

But we did not eat a single one!

Be yourself . Be open and transparent, and if none of that works. Be 979 miles away like me. :D

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
BTW, two of the foods from last night were Wavy Lays potato chips, and cheese curls. MMmmmmmmmmmmm.....

But we did not eat a single one!

They weren't the little fried cheese curls.... were they??:( :nanner:

Originally posted by Pemburu

They weren't the little fried cheese curls.... were they??:( :nanner:

No, they were the puffy ones. You know...."Jax", as opposed to the "Cheetos" you are referring to (I used to work for Frito-Lay back in college).

Originally posted by I Are Baboon

No, they were the puffy ones. You know...."Jax", as opposed to the "Cheetos" you are referring to (I used to work for Frito-Lay back in college).

That's good to know. (baked) The temptation wouldn't have been strong for me. I guess you lived off bad foods in college then??

Originally posted by Pemburu

That's good to know. (baked) The temptation wouldn't have been strong for me. I guess you lived off bad foods in college then??

I believe both of those wonderful cheese snacks are fried. :)

Doesn't every college student live on junk food?? My favorite were the salsa and sour cream baked Doritos (and have since been discontinued). I ate junk food, but the job was a very physically demanding warehouse job, so I was very lean (and not a lot of muscle).

Ok, that's about all for my biography. :tomato:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
For example..... last night, IAB's mom made meatballs and put out all sorts of chips and bad for you foods - especially dessert. We had made it a point of eating before hand so we only had a little bit of the least bad stuff we could find.

Sometimes I get the feeling she takes it personally when we say "no thanks."

How do you handle these situations?

I just say "Mom, I don't eat that shit and you know it!" :evil:

My family always wants me to get in shape blah blah blah, but then sabotages me, the only good thing is everyone is dying off, so there's only a few left. My dad and my sister. Everyone else is dead (and I'm only 31). So, I figure a little while longer and I have no family problems at all!

Gee, sounds morbid!!!

We all go through this...sometimes I have to go to someone's house for dinner and bring my own tupperware filled with food. I feel bad that I'm not eating what they make, but I just do what I have to do. They usually ask me all kinds of dumb questions, and I can see that they think I'm crazy for eating the way I do...but who is crazier? Me for eating so healthy and having a six pack all year, or them, for eating all kinds of shit, clogging their arteries, and having a belly hanging over their jeans?

I say, if you can't deal with how I eat, than don't invite me over!

the only true time i gorge my self is when my father and i cross into the great and beautiful ONTARIO, for fishing.when the words "SHUT UP AND EAT'' come flying out of his mouth, in respect i say"YES DAD''.but all in all my parents are pretty cool about always having me down for supper.

My mom is the butter QUEEN! Yuck!

I am really glad to see this thread.

My Mom practically lives to cook for us which is very kind of her, but she has a really warped sense of nutrition. She thinks sugared cereals are the worst thing in the world, yet she is the butter QUEEN. She loads all of her (overcooked ) veggies with gobs of butter, right in the pan. When I suggest that she leave the butter as a side dish, so people can choose whether or not they want it, she bites my head off and says "My grandparents had gravy and butter with everything they ate, and they lived to be 93."

She just can't understand that I honestly don't like butter. In fact, it makes me nauseous. It has a greasy slimy aftertaste that stays with me for hours even after I brush my teeth. It makes me want to gag. But she just thinks I am some health freak that is not eating it for health reasons.

She makes all these nice meals and then ruins them by putting big slabs of butter on everything, so I rarely eat her dinners. I just can't understand what the big deal would be to make butter a condiment "on the side."

Sometimes if I get there early I can rescue the veggies from the pan before they are cooked to death and doused with butter, but its usually too late :(

Im not on a 'diet' exactly like my mom's, (she's doing the atkin's diet), so everything I do and eat, she critiques it or tells me about HER F'ing diet. All Im doing is cutting carbs and eating more protein and eating small meals 5 times a day. Im so friggen sick of hearing about the atkins diet. I tell her her cholestrol is gonna go up, but she drags out all her books supporting the 'fact' that it wont. Then I tell her she's not learning to eat properly, and what is she gonna do after the diet? I compared it to a slim fast diet. Its driving my nuts...:headbang:

well honeybee, Your mom will be ok, and if she is strict in her Atkins plan, her cholesterol will go down. Dietary induced Ketosis will do that. the key word is strict.

Once she adds carb, goes out of ketosis, and has insulin floating around again, THEN the cholesterol will stick again. It needs the insulin to really do the damage. Insulin is a master hormone for fat storage.

So, as long as she really follows it, support her.

I do hope she is taking plenty of supps, even Dr. Atkins says to take supps!!!

Muscles and Health,
Mustangman

Back