• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Im an ectomorph who's a confused soul

Gfy55

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im an Ectomorph who's persistant and dedicated to get to where I would like to be. I eat to the point where I hate food, but i still do it. I go to the bathroom more than your average person. I take vitamins, eat correctly, have lots of rest, watch videos for inspiration and education, take my weight gainers and BCAA's. I've done it all and not once have I ever been remotely close to saying i give up. Im a whopping 170 pounds, lean i believe. Do i wish i weighed more? Yes. Will i? Yes. But i have hit a wall. Years of training I was told on various forums and by numerous trainers that i have to eat and LIFT HEAVY 4,5,6-8 reps only. The picture you see attached is me doing so. Hell, I recently watched a Video on the godly Kai Greene and he said something that has been eating my mind. "Im not concerned with how much I lift. Im concerned with contracting my muscles against greater and greater amounts of resistance...by doing that, i'm able to stimulate hypertrophy which allows my muscles to grow. I like to be able to make my muscles contract efficiently. STRETCH AND CONTRACT" . He does sets with up to 20 reps. So i heard that and i had the most idiotic, confused, dumbfounded face. The first thing i thought, its Kai Greene but he wasnt talking about himself, he was talking about good form and more reps (contractions) equals to a greater physique versus heavy weight lifting. Now I tried some of his workouts , 12-15 and even 20 reps (correctly) and definitely i feel the burn and its more satisfying than lifting heavy 4-8 times. But what IS right? What I want is to be a Physique Competitor/Fitness model? Thanks for the time, and let me know.

Attachments

• Jprogress.jpg
    Jprogress.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 51
nice work bro on the gains. Be proud. Follow what ctr said and up your calories. Change up your training...maybe your body is getting used to it,

Creatine is mostly water weight, no?

Your whole body is mostly water weight. Bottom line, if creatine allows you to lift heavier and longer it will contribute to size gains that would otherwise not be achieved as easily without it. When I initially started creatine monohydrate about 8 years ago I put on about 15lbs in just under a month and during that cycle I stayed on creatine for almost 6 months continuously. Prior to that my weight was stagnant for a year. Since then, I've come off creatine a few times with no or minimal weight loss.

Your whole body is mostly water weight. Bottom line, if creatine allows you to lift heavier and longer it will contribute to size gains that would otherwise not be achieved as easily without it. When I initially started creatine monohydrate about 8 years ago I put on about 15lbs in just under a month and during that cycle I stayed on creatine for almost 6 months continuously. Prior to that my weight was stagnant for a year. Since then, I've come off creatine a few times with no or minimal weight loss.
well hell, thank you for that. I will go ahead and start that. What about the lifting part? More weight, less reps? Or more reps, less weight and do in right..stretch and contract.

well hell, thank you for that. I will go ahead and start that. What about the lifting part? More weight, less reps? Or more reps, less weight and do in right..stretch and contract.

Let the creatine do its thing for the first couple of weeks and then start upping your weight. Each week try to either up your weight on all major lifts by 5 lbs or if that's difficult try to squeeze out an extra rep or two. You'll know creatine is working for you when you start to notice you can move more weight than previously possible. Ensure you're hydrating yourself enough by drinking lots of water. Also, take creatine monohydrate, its your best bang for the buck. Works great.

It's really obvs, if you're not getting bigger it means you're not eating enough. If you have to 12 times a day then do. I have a fast metabolism and have to eat burger king, kfc, mcdonalds etc to stay lean. Eat loads, it's not rocket science. Lifts don't really make you that much the heavier you, it's more your intake of calories

Im an Ectomorph who's persistant and dedicated to get to where I would like to be. I eat to the point where I hate food, but i still do it. I go to the bathroom more than your average person. I take vitamins, eat correctly, have lots of rest, watch videos for inspiration and education, take my weight gainers and BCAA's. I've done it all and not once have I ever been remotely close to saying i give up. Im a whopping 170 pounds, lean i believe. Do i wish i weighed more? Yes. Will i? Yes. But i have hit a wall. Years of training I was told on various forums and by numerous trainers that i have to eat and LIFT HEAVY 4,5,6-8 reps only. The picture you see attached is me doing so. Hell, I recently watched a Video on the godly Kai Greene and he said something that has been eating my mind. "Im not concerned with how much I lift. Im concerned with contracting my muscles against greater and greater amounts of resistance...by doing that, i'm able to stimulate hypertrophy which allows my muscles to grow. I like to be able to make my muscles contract efficiently. STRETCH AND CONTRACT" . He does sets with up to 20 reps. So i heard that and i had the most idiotic, confused, dumbfounded face. The first thing i thought, its Kai Greene but he wasnt talking about himself, he was talking about good form and more reps (contractions) equals to a greater physique versus heavy weight lifting. Now I tried some of his workouts , 12-15 and even 20 reps (correctly) and definitely i feel the burn and its more satisfying than lifting heavy 4-8 times. But what IS right? What I want is to be a Physique Competitor/Fitness model? Thanks for the time, and let me know.

Your before and afters are outstanding. You went from bieber to the rock it seems, how long of a time frame between pics?

IML Gear Cream!
And try to switch up routines.

Lets say biceps....one session, 10 sets of high rep stuff in your 40-60% 1rm range. Then the next time, less sets, less reps in you 70-90% range. Keep your training dynamic. Perhaps One week, make it all functional olympic movements. Next week, BB stuff. Works ok for me, might work for you too. Skip the weights for a couple of sessions and do calisthenics. Or incorporate all of it into one session. Gears, and so forth....

I'm 6'4 and it takes a lot of calories to pack on mass. As far as traing I like to have a heavy day and a volume day switching back and forth. Count macros for a solid month to really dial in how much your eating because you'd be amazed at the guys sayin there taking in 4000 cal and when they log every meal and every snack how much they are NOT eating. Hell try dirty bulking if its that hard to hit macros!

Your before and afters are outstanding. You went from bieber to the rock it seems, how long of a time frame between pics?
Hey, thanks a lot. 3 year time frame. been more active this past year though. As far as changing my routine, i think ill go ahead and do what you said. thank you!

I use both methods, lift heavy on a bodypart one day and higher rep/lighter another day of the week. I hit each bodypart twice a week. Except legs

Simply, If not going to run gear and you want to stay lean year round, use carbs wisely, make sure you're getting in your fats, and eat a shit load of protein.

I use both methods, lift heavy on a bodypart one day and higher rep/lighter another day of the week. I hit each bodypart twice a week. Except legs

Simply, If not going to run gear and you want to stay lean year round, use carbs wisely, make sure you're getting in your fats, and eat a shit load of protein.
I will run some gear, but let me ask you... How long are your work outs and actually how in the heck do you hit every muscle group twice a week? Mind showing me a schedule?

Monday - upper body strength
Tuesday - lower body strength
Wednesday - off or cardio
thursday - upper body hypertrophy
friday - lower body hypertrophy
saturday - arms, heavy and hypertrophy
sunday - off or cardio

I almost never hit legs twice a week, I use a tweaked form of that split. Mainly because my legs are much bigger in proportion to the rest of my body, so my focus is upper body. I love hitting legs tho

I am on gear atm so I can handle more frequency/volume. I usually spend 1 1/2 hrs in the gym a day, if I go in the evening and am feeling really good sometimes 2 hours.

Monday - upper body strength
Tuesday - lower body strength
Wednesday - off or cardio
thursday - upper body hypertrophy
friday - lower body hypertrophy
saturday - arms, heavy and hypertrophy
sunday - off or cardio

I almost never hit legs twice a week, I use a tweaked form of that split. Mainly because my legs are much bigger in proportion to the rest of my body, so my focus is upper body. I love hitting legs tho

I am on gear atm so I can handle more frequency/volume. I usually spend 1 1/2 hrs in the gym a day, if I go in the evening and am feeling really good sometimes 2 hours.
Thanks for this. Its a new week so Im going to try this out. I really appreciate it!

Gfy55 first personally i think you do not need to gain any weight and you should stop being obsessed about it. second for better results no matter what you routine is you should concentrate on your lifting technique and form. smooth positive movement and slow negatives concentrating on good contractions . as far as reps are concerned variation is the key. i would go for high reps 8-15 but i would throw in a day with lower reps 6-8 or even combine both on the same day i would also use drop sets (one drop set as a last set of a given exercise). rest is important you can take 3-4 days off in a row every month or 2.
diet must be healthy and natural food must be your main source of vitamins minerals and proteins, supplements are only supplements and minimizing them would be better it will not make a difference if you wolf down tons of supplements all what you will do is harm your body.

Lol'ing at dr g. Don't be obsessed aka dedicated to gaining weight aka bulking. You must not be serious. Most of us are dedicated to achieving the bodies most only dream of! That feeling when someone you haven't seen in a bit takes one look at you and instantly ask how you did it. Don't work toward your fitness goals.

IML Gear Cream!
^^^^being dedicated is one thing and being obsessed (i meant in a pathological way) is another thing. you should be dedicated to your workouts and the quality of your workouts but you should not be obsessed about your looks , just be happy with your results and try to be better BUT NOT AT ANY PRICE ESPECIALLY HEALTH AND SOCIAL ALIENATION. being obsessed can make you miserable and frustrated.
i passed by all the phases of being an obsessed teen to wanting more to curiosity about steroids etc.... right now i just look back and laugh at myself especially that at my age i am still getting results if not better results than ever by just being a smart bodybuilder and staying cool about the while thing.
i guess it all depends on the WHY you want to build muscle but let me tell you : if the reason is to impress others or because it increases your chances of success with women then you are in the wrong direction.
i think Gfy has a nice physique and should not worry about it, just keep going and any progress is good since he already looks good. he should expect results to come in years of training not in days . healthy bodybuilding is not about quick results at any price it is about a lifestyle

^^^^being dedicated is one thing and being obsessed (i meant in a pathological way) is another thing. you should be dedicated to your workouts and the quality of your workouts but you should not be obsessed about your looks , just be happy with your results and try to be better BUT NOT AT ANY PRICE ESPECIALLY HEALTH AND SOCIAL ALIENATION. being obsessed can make you miserable and frustrated.
i passed by all the phases of being an obsessed teen to wanting more to curiosity about steroids etc.... right now i just look back and laugh at myself especially that at my age i am still getting results if not better results than ever by just being a smart bodybuilder and staying cool about the while thing.
i guess it all depends on the WHY you want to build muscle but let me tell you : if the reason is to impress others or because it increases your chances of success with women then you are in the wrong direction.
i think Gfy has a nice physique and should not worry about it, just keep going and any progress is good since he already looks good. he should expect results to come in years of training not in days . healthy bodybuilding is not about quick results at any price it is about a lifestyle

Thank you for the physique compliment. I have been at it for 10 years. I was weighing 130lbs at 17 years old so I know it takes time and patience. As far as me being obsessed, I have never seen it that way. However, I think the better word to explain my case is... determined. Bodybuilders eat 6-7 times a day. They wake up, cook their meals, put them in Tupperware and eat where ever they are at the time they need to eat. Is that obsession or determination? I don't want to better my physique for women (I have a beautiful girlfriend), friends or family. I want it for ME. I enjoy the challenge and like i said on my first post to this thread, i will gain what i need to gain. As far as actual training, thats where I became confused. Do i hit sarcoplasmic hypertrophy or go heavy at this point? Ive been told be various people to do both.

Lol'ing at dr g. Don't be obsessed aka dedicated to gaining weight aka bulking. You must not be serious. Most of us are dedicated to achieving the bodies most only dream of! That feeling when someone you haven't seen in a bit takes one look at you and instantly ask how you did it. Don't work toward your fitness goals.
Thanks for chiming in. Im just determined, thats all.

Gfy: at this point i think you should concentrate on quality workouts, make your workouts short and intense, don't spend hours in the gym just do your work and leave. i am not an ectomorphe but my son is and many of my friends whom i help training are. being an ectomorphe is not bad as people think, on the contrary you might achieve a nicer physique than others. here are some suggestions on the direction you might want to take:
1- short ( 1 hour) intense workouts
2- workout based on excellent form and high reps between 8-15
3- introducing some low reps sets 6-8 is good but not to be as your basic approach
4- last set of a given exercise could be a drop set starting with heavy weights
5- tempo: smooth positive movements and slower negatives even stopping sometimes in the middle of a negative.
6- variation in your routine- introduce new exercises, experiment and be creative
7- good rest between workouts ( 3 -4 days rest for a given muscle)
8- working out in 2 different gyms can sometimes be stimulating

Im an Ectomorph who's persistant and dedicated to get to where I would like to be. I eat to the point where I hate food, but i still do it.

I viewing eating the same as filling up a vehicle with petrol. it's not something I want to do, it's something I have to do. and if you want the best "body" you can have you need to use top quality fuel to accomplish that, i.e. all natural foods that have undergone very little processing.

for me life became much simpler when I stopped worrying about how everything tastes, I'm concerned now with how food is effecting my long term growth, energy levels, etc. because let's face it you can eat the best tasting meal in the world from say a fancy restaurant, etc. and 15 minutes later that's all gone, all that remains is the effects of that meal at the biologically level.

eat for function and not for flavor

Back