• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

should I be offended?

IML Gear Cream!
maybe an even better question...
would you be offended?

My wife has decided to pay for a trainer at our gym.
If it were a nutritionist I would encourage it but come on.
I have made enourmous transformations and come a long way.
I feel like its a smack in my face to do this.
especially because I have tried and tried to get her to train and now this trainer is doing it with ease.
and taking our money.

and also, NO its not a male trainer its a chick and for the record she has no certifications except cpr .

Nope, I would not be offended. As a matter of fact I would encourage it. What is more important, being right or being happy in your relationship?

Wow, so many ways to look at this scenario. I train with my hubby, and we work out hard! I'm not your 'typical' girl though. We are all different. There are some guys at our gym that I could NEVER lift with....... they are pussy's to the max and have no clue about how to lift! Gender aside, it's being comfortable, for the both of you! Happiness at the gym, and at home. I understand the 'offended' thing, but........ maybe when she gets the hang of it all, she'll wanna train with you. If not...... relax and lift! It's all good!

i would be upset, i like lifting with my wife

maybe an even better question...
would you be offended?

My wife has decided to pay for a trainer at our gym.
If it were a nutritionist I would encourage it but come on.
I have made enourmous transformations and come a long way.
I feel like its a smack in my face to do this.
especially because I have tried and tried to get her to train and now this trainer is doing it with ease.
and taking our money.

and also, NO its not a male trainer its a chick and for the record she has no certifications except cpr .

don't be offended sometimes it just the fact that the info is coming from the partner in a relationship. my gf knows all about my education and time in the sport yet 2nd guesses everything I tell her until it's verified by one of the trainers at the gym. which luckily happens to be a young guy that does know his shit.

I don't get made but I do get to say "I told you" quite often and that feels just as good!

be thankful lol my girl always wants to train with me, shes about 100lbs so not the safest spotter when i bench haha

A lot of women are of the incorrect notion that if they start lifting weights that they will just wake up the next day huge or something. If you're a bigger guy she probably assumes that if she follows your advice that she will get big and unnatractive. My 2 cents.

The wife wanted to lose baby weight and insisted on paying some trainer 100 bucks t give her a "meal plan"....She actually had to wait for an appt w/ this guy(I guess he's in demand)....in any event, she gets the "meal plan" and I swear it's straight out of some nutrional textbook...so simple and total commonsense.....we both thought it was a complete waste of a 100 bucks......I basically had written out the same dam thing a couple weeks prior but she told me that she basically wanted a "meal plan" from a certified fitnes/nutrition expert thinking they would come up w/ some out of the ordinary plan.....and w/ them being "certified" it made her think that "they must know what they are doing so its definitley gonna work".....I see her point, so I didn't get offended.....I read ur post and thought of my somewhat similar expierience and figured I reply.......anyways, take care

IML Gear Cream!
From a girl's perspective lifting with your man sucks. Especially if he knows what he's doing. The last thing a woman wants is for her man to see her be weak in an area that he's strong in. I'm a trainer and know what I'm doing and I still feel that way. I'll lift at the same time as my man, in the same place, but never actually together. I do my thing, he does his, no fighting, all good. If I need a spot, then yes, I'll grab him, otherwise I'd rather him glance over and see me rocking my workout than be standing over me tearing it apart. Trust me, training your girl is a baaaad idea even if you are an amazing trainer. It will kill your relationship.

Um yea.... You feel like you should be offended but trust me... if you're really about doing real shit in the gym, it's probably not in your best interest. Any body can make someone fucking workout. But getting down to real business...and following up with that, maintaining it, teaching, as she fails and is learning, can be very stressful. My girl and I can't train together. If you're lucky on personality types, you might can pull this off. The best thing to do is just communicate your feelings to her and talk about it in a normal manner (did I just say that on a bodybuilding forum....yes)

Like I said, just take solace in the fact that there's a 99% chance this trainer doesn't know jack shit and your girl will eventually find that out the hard way. When she asks you a question tell her to ask her trainer.

She's probably under the wrong impression that if she trains with a bodybuilder she'll look like one.

Just like all the inexperience guys you see at the gym that probably want to train with you, but the first words that come out there mouth is " I don't want to be as big as you"
Oh for fucks sake this shit is golden. I've been planning on video about this for a while. Coming soon.

That's fucking hilarious, maybe she thinks if she trains with you she'll become bulky. Hence why she trains with a women

Be thankful she wants to train.....and let her do her thing...it wouldn't bother me at all..

^^^ sums it up. I do cardio with my GF, but NFW do I want to train weights with her. She's got her own thing going on and I can respect that

I met my wife in the gym while I was finishing school and working as a trainer ( BS cert by CHi health club ) and back then she'd do whatever I said until we started dating. Fast Forward 22 years of being married She wanted to do a figure competition and asked about getting a trainer. She did, it was a dude, he trained her and she placed 5th in a NPC regional event. He was able to push her more than I could have. She couldn't stand the guy or the demands but he was effective. She later went on to train with a broad she competed against and used her trainer , a female, and placed 3 rd at her next event. she loved the female trainer but again I could have never pushed her like that without fighting. She bitched about her trainers throughout the entire process but complimented them too. Capt' let her go and take the target off your back. Better to live on the corner of the roof of your house then to live inside with an angry wife. It'll give you something to talk about as we'll. just sayin.

Most women dont want to work hard and want to waste there time with gimmicks. Just going thru the motions.I laugh at them in the gym. But most male trainers dont take into account that women are the weaker sex, tweaks need to be made to the program. Women get offended but its ridiculous, never see me pick up 500 pounds like him.

Back