This low carb and delicious recipe can be eaten for breakfast or preferably as a bedtime snack. Since cottage cheese is high in casein protein it???s the perfect food to consume before bed. Casein digests more slowly than other types of protein and hence can supply the muscles with a steady stream of amino acids while the body is alseep. Cottage cheese is also a great portable snack to bring with you on days when you know you???ll have to go a long time between meals. A lot of people complain about the taste of cottage cheese but I think that 2% from Friendship is the best tasting one and has the least amount of carbs. (It doesn???t taste old and sour!)
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 Cup Spinach
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and oregano to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Cut a hole around the stem of each tomato and use a spoon to scoop out the insides
3. Turn over and drain the excess liquid out of the tomatoes and sprinkle with salt
4. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes
5. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and flip to drain again
6. Sautee??? spinach over medium heat until it begins to wilt
7. In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cooked spinach, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley and oregano to taste
8. Scoop the cottage cheese and spinach mixture into each tomato, leaving a little room on the top for the egg
9. Crack one egg into each tomato on top of the cottage cheese and spinach mix
10. Place back in the oven and bake an additional 8 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your preference
11. Take out, serve on a plate and enjoy!
FOR MACRO NUTRIENT BREAKDOWN AND MORE RECIPES CHECK OUT Low Carb, Keto , Paleo Diet Recipes | Nutrition Tips !!!