• Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!

Tanita BC-1500 VS Omron HBF 516B

jagbender

Registered
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
8,754
Reaction score
1,556
Points
113
Location
SW Florida
I have had a IronMan BC-1500 segmantal body fat scale since the came out. As of recent the BC 1500 is not being reliable.
New batteries and software update, did not affect the reliability. The weights remain consistent but the body fat, muscle, bone, and metabolic age are all over the place.
Now the BC-1500 is over 600.00 and I was looking at the Omron HBF 514c and the Omron HBF 516B 70-80.00
I would lose the Healthy edge software which is nice but not work the extra 400.00

I was also looking for a Smart scale that would work with and Android phone app.

Any suggestions??

Thanks
Jag
 
I have the Omron HBF516, it's consistent and works great for my weight. It gives me good feedback for my BMI, body fat, muscle etc. Being it has the hand held sensor makes it much more accurate than the "foot only" models. That being said none of scales on the market can accurately measure muscle or body fat levels especially in body builders. This has to do with the variables such as muscle density, water retention etc. For example, my scale says my body fat is 32% when it is actually 25%, when I "cycle off" of creatine it goes up to 35% because my muscle retains less water which equals more electrical resistance in the scale. The best way to measure body fat is with calipers. To measure muscle mass I use a tape measure. Using both methods along with the scale will give you a much better idea of where you are.

So after my long winded reply I would recommend the Omron, It's very consistent and well built. I don't know anything about the Tanita to make any comments on that one.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the input on the Omron
As we all should know these scales are for trends not super accuracy

Thanks
 
Back
Top