• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

DAnny81s journal for boxing and MMA (help appreciated)

thanks. I sure will. even tho i have all that soreness i feel stronger(most of it is probably mental, but i feel stronger none the less) soon im sure i will se physical changes and strenght gains. i hope to get a nice body by next summer. and mayby even an alright one right now. my problem is im skinny and tall.

Well best of luck! I am sure you will do fine. Just read, read, read!

boxing

3x shadow boxing
2x pads
3x heavy bag
2x(no rest in between) speed bag

core
(no rest in between anysets)
1 set inclined crunch
1 set weighted incline crunch
1 set inclined crunch
1 set inclined leg raise.
20 ball drops on stomach
10 ball drops on each side
20 ball throws at stomach
10 ball throws each side.

boxing

3x shadow boxing
2x pads
3x heavy bag
2x(no rest in between) speed bag

core
(no rest in between anysets)
1 set inclined crunch
1 set weighted incline crunch
1 set inclined crunch
1 set inclined leg raise.
20 ball drops on stomach

:thinking: :rofl: lookin good big boy ;)

If its boxing you do I would work on some other kinds of core work as well. Use different variations like a rotational core workout and a stabilization core workout:

Stab.-Bird dogs, Planks, Bridges, etc...

Rotational-Wood Chops, Medicine ball twists, etc...

isnt the wheel rollout stab.?

btw. i cant lift 2day because i was playing ootball today and some kids head went right into my knee. im sure it will be fine by tomorrow(I hope) Ill also take it easy tomorrow because i want it to heal before i spar on sunday.

IML Gear Cream!
boxing

3x shadow boxing (more details - time and intensity)
2x pads (more details - time and intensity)
3x heavy bag (more details - time and intensity)
2x(no rest in between) speed bag (more details - time and intensity)

core
(no rest between sets)
1 set inclined crunch (set of how many?)
1 set weighted incline crunch (set of how many with how much weight?)
1 set inclined crunch (set of how many?)
1 set inclined leg raise (set of how many?)
20 ball drops on stomach

Overall you're off to a good start. Post better details on what you do so the people have a better idea of how to gauge your progress. Make sense?

alright thanks guys. tomorrow im going to try and do abs.
BTW my knee is still hurting. im definetly wearing my leg pads from know on in football.
If you have tremors for more than a few hours AFTER you work out ... that's bad. I've had tremors from either under hydrating after training, or from not putting enough nutrients back into my system post.

If your aches in a muscle become a lasting burning pain that's bad. Cease and desist from training until you get advice if that ever happens.

If your aches linger ... like in your legs ... for more than a few days that too is bad. THE WORST mistake you can make is to be too eager to make progress and over train. 90% of the time that I've ever over trained (before I came here I was a dumb ass and injured my RC's, my hams and my rt bicep ... and I over did it on core but that just resulted in me tossing my cookies. Ohhh and ... I over did it on the tread mill once and after I got off I became so light headed I literally passed out :wacko:) I was not aware that I was damaging myself while in the moment. Said another way, if you are getting too close to a fire you feel it and react. You'll pull your hand away and prevent a serious burn. In lifting I often did not know I was messing up until it was too late ... there was no pulling away. I knew on the RC's ... I felt it pop right away but it was still too late. My hamies and my bicep on the other hand ... I was clueless until it was way too late. The deal done went down.

You are here at Im. You have two distinct advantages. You have youth, and a wealth of knowledge right here from your fellow IM members at your disposal. Why hurry? Take your time, build a routine ... post it and be cautious.

I hope this makes sense danny.

yup it makes sense. and im not overtraining dont worry. the doms go away within a few days or 2. my knee is healing nicely ive been icing it alot so i can box tomorrow and lift monday. and i will definetly work out again monday. do you think i should restart the workout?
Week 1-2 /4 sets x 10 reps
Week 3-4 /3 sets x 5 reps
Week 5-6 /3 sets x 8 reps
Week 7-8 /3 sets x 3 reps

No need to restart. Just please post times on the boxing.

Your doing a great job danny. Keep up the good work ... :thumb:

Hey Danny this is a great journal and monster workouts my friend.
My approach is different although we somewhat have the same thing in mind. I am training boxing 3-4 days a week and I lift two times a week. I rest on sundays mostly and wednesdays if I feel burned out.

I am not in any shape to be in MMA although I love watching it, so I am now doing mostly boxing routines. I want to incorporate other exercises to go with my goal and my capabilities. If I may, I will borrow some of your exercises if I think they'll help me get thinner. Oh, by the way, I am a fatty. I am using boxing routines to sweat a whole lot and lose some weight, but need to add ab work to firm up my belly and as per my friend Double D, some plyos to balance things out...

Either way, sorry for the banter as I have nothing to offer since you pretty much know what you are doing, and good luck

Keep up the great work :thumb:

do some more cardio.

Little more difficult than that my friend. Diet is where the key is to weight loss. Cardio helps, but you can drop bf from diet alone.

I wish you the best.

To answer your question, nop, I don't box, I am way too pretty to get myself all broken up...:D

Actually, I love the sport and the like, I used to box back in the day but quit for football.

Don't have a trainer, just working out myself. Doing it specifically to lose the weight. For me, at the moment, this is cardio. I am going to be traveling this week, but when I get back, I am going to have a stress test done so that I can jog and try to do a bit of HIIT and give my wrist a rest for a while. I am hoping that will do the trick, but meanwhile I have been doing a little shadow, a little bag, a little speed bag, lifting a bit and bouncing around a whole lot....

or fix his diet :shrug:

I know all about the diet folks, no worries there. I have lost 57 pounds so far need to lose another 40 and I am working on it.....

Boxing
3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest
3x shadowboxing
3x heavy bag

Core
1 set power chair 60 pds 30
1 set roman chair twist 25
1 set power chair 80 pds 30
1 set roman chair 20
1 set power chair 110 10

1 set chinrolls

Back