• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

Little Wing Gets Serious

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
The tired of ketosis is kicking my ass today but I tend to wake up more at night anyway. Usually music or something will blast me out of but I haven't put any tunes on yet.

Upper body this morning and will do legs, butt later.

Very basic right now, lat pulldown, pushdown, curls with rowing bar, one where you pull up on rowing bar, shrugs w dbs, bench press flat, crunch bench ,

leg extensions, leg curls, weighted squats w 25 lb dbs, toe raises for calves.

Will add more as I get more used to keto beating the shit out of me. I usually don't feel sleepy much.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Moving things around to make room for a bit of yoga too. I have all my weight stuff in my room and honestly think sometimes that the bed has to go.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Well my groceries are WAYYYY cheaper so....

Attachments

• 0144950340_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg
    0144950340_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 17
  • rs-116804-979242a0fd7e2e4699dab126667fcb427aa6b0bf.jpg
    rs-116804-979242a0fd7e2e4699dab126667fcb427aa6b0bf.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 18

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Psyched. Not even thinking about food rewards.

I haven't added more weight just working on getting my reps up to 15 , 10, 8.

Bench Press
Crunches
Leg extensions
Lat pull down
Lat raises
Lat press down
Bent over rows
with barbell
then w 25 lb dumbells
one leg on bench
navy seal crunches
Dumbbell squats with 25 lb dumbbels
calf raises with same
shrugs with same
db shoulder flyes light weight for now

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Regarding the butt-building work, I have to recommend any squat variation, but especially split squats! Romanian deadlifts are also phenomenal for glute work. You'll get the most bang for your buck (or butt). ;)

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Regarding the butt-building work, I have to recommend any squat variation, but especially split squats! Romanian deadlifts are also phenomenal for glute work. You'll get the most bang for your buck (or butt). ;)

Thank you I will add these. I have not done incline bench presses before either so trying those today.

I love that it's so easy to find form demos now. https://videocdn.bodybuilding.com/video/mp4/94000/94752m.mp4

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Cooked my chicken with a slice of bacon today rather than butter and lemon. I was not impressed. I absorbed all the fat off it I could cuz yuk, but the lemon tastes so much better. I have hit the lost 20 pounds mark. Motivation and disciple still 100% with diet and adding more exercises now that I seem past the energy lag part of ketosis.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Local shop did have the Hendrix replica so put a down payment on it. Sweeeet.

Last edited:

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Thank you I will add these. I have not done incline bench presses before either so trying those today.

I love that it's so easy to find form demos now. https://videocdn.bodybuilding.com/video/mp4/94000/94752m.mp4

That video is a little inaccurate because those are actually rear-foot-elevated split squats (or Bulgarian squats), which are good! But they do require a bench and can be pretty tricky if your balance isn't there.

Here is a video of a standard split squat, which doesn't require a bench and isn't as hard to balance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VncTA2oFMuo

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Cooked my chicken with a slice of bacon today rather than butter and lemon. I was not impressed. I absorbed all the fat off it I could cuz yuk, but the lemon tastes so much better. I have hit the lost 20 pounds mark. Motivation and disciple still 100% with diet and adding more exercises now that I seem past the energy lag part of ketosis.

Congrats on the 20 lbs! What is your overall weight loss goal?

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I have been looking for one source that has a lot of proper form vids.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the 20 lbs! What is your overall weight loss goal?

I have depression and can go through long periods of weight creep and don't give a shit. I got up to 234 pounds but I'm tall so I can kinda get away with it. I'm 214 now and want to get to maybe 160ish to 150ish range. i used to be 150 in the old pics of me I like but had no muscle so I want a higher goal range to account for muscle.

Last edited:

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
I have depression and can go through long periods of weight creep and don't give a shit. I got up to 234 pounds but I'm tall so I can kinda get away with it. I'm 214 now and want to get to maybe 160ish to 150ish range. i used to be 150 in the old pics of me I like but had no muscle so I want a higher goal range to account for muscle.

Well you are well on your way! How long did it take the lose the 20? With the depression and weight gain, was it an emotional eating situation?

Do you feel that you are able to feel full throughout the day with your current diet?

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
I started the 13th of Sept. I went pretty hardcore getting into keto and I eat one meal a day maybe a few tomatoes or half cup raw broccoli if I feel hungry before mealtime or peckish but hardly ever do. I have a hard time finishing meals. I think all the water is the key to all that. It was boredom, liking food and ordering a lot of pizza and subs with my son who is 6 foot 7 and skinny as a stick.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
I quit coffee for this too which is a big deal for me. Don't miss it at this point. And my friend is kinda mad there's no more drink nights at Marcia's

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
I don't take any bb supps but I take vitamins, calcium, manganese, dandelion root, red yeast rice, co enzyme q-10. I want to lose fat, build an ass, lift my tits and have a flat stomach again. Any input welcome.

changed it up a little... I wonder if all the pills have carbs. Multi vitamin, calcium, magnesium it should have said, B- complex, D3, red yeast rice.

Tried the bacon to add more sodium but not sticking with it.

http://drbubbs.com/blog/2017/1/top-3-mineral-deficiencies-on-a-ketogenic-diet-and-how-to-fix-it

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
I started the 13th of Sept. I went pretty hardcore getting into keto and I eat one meal a day maybe a few tomatoes or half cup raw broccoli if I feel hungry before mealtime or peckish but hardly ever do. I have a hard time finishing meals. I think all the water is the key to all that. It was boredom, liking food and ordering a lot of pizza and subs with my son who is 6 foot 7 and skinny as a stick.

You started 13th of Sept in this year?

Yeah I get that, food is such a great form of instant gratification.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Worked till after 7, came home and ate and maybe going to take a nap before working out 11 to midnight ish. Put a huge spoon of sliced jalapeno in my chicken, very good and it sure helps with the water intake.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Did my usual workout earlier. Will do new stuff tonight.

Bought salmon and pesto sauce because I'm needing a change from the chicken.

Want to read up more on the keto and do it right. I know my start up was too extreme but I needed the boost it gave me.
Weight is coming off a little slower now but I'm looking at it like good, I'm keeping my water up and maybe a muscle or two is getting better.

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Did my usual workout earlier. Will do new stuff tonight.

Bought salmon and pesto sauce because I'm needing a change from the chicken.

Want to read up more on the keto and do it right. I know my start up was too extreme but I needed the boost it gave me.
Weight is coming off a little slower now but I'm looking at it like good, I'm keeping my water up and maybe a muscle or two is getting better.

I think that's wise, don't want to starve the body so its metabolism becomes more conservative.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Wow! Well I am very interested to see what happens over the coming months.

I'm interested to see too. I want to add more weight to my workouts sooner this time and try harder for some actual muscle.

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Started bulletproof coffee today. Minor set back... wrenched my left leg, right arm bruised my arm maybe lost part of my toe n a nail but back at it today. Kinda just taped it shut n hope it heals. Blood everywhere but it's not that bad. I heal very fast so no worries.

Attachments

• DSC01179.JPG
    DSC01179.JPG
    331.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01185.JPG
    DSC01185.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 25

fufu

fiendish thingy
Elite Member
Reaction score
What happened??

Little Wing

Voodoo Doll
Elite Member
Reaction score
Was able to do 10, 10, 10 on leg extensions and normal bench press same. I'm good.