• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

what can I expect on my first Var cycle?

Valkyrie

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm not a nutritionist. I'd you don't like it add some carbs to it. I would expect the effects on 10 mg to be very mild. All you are doing with a ramp up is making sure nothing bad happens. If nothing bad is happening I personally increase to a real dose that will give me real results.

Also I strongly recommend you do not eat low carb while on anavar. You can eat relatively low like 100-120g per day but it sounds like the diet you have is not for someone on steroids.

Star0204

Reaction score
5 5 5'6
185 lbs
i want to drop till 155

just got my boobs done and tummy tuck
want to drop 32 lbs befor my lip in october
started taking anavar today and hubby told me that the person he got it for told him to start at 30mg

meaning 2 pills a day of 15 mg is this safe i only want to do this for 2 months

i start my day with an herballife protein shake with my 2 anavar and 2 liver care pills
lunch salad with meat or chicken
snack yogurt or bar
dinner herballift shake

The Rockette

Reaction score
5 5 5'6
185 lbs
i want to drop till 155

started taking anavar today and hubby told me that the person he got it for told him to start at 30mg

i start my day with an herballife protein shake with my 2 anavar and 2 liver care pills
snack yogurt or bar
dinner herballift shake

Well, expect to gain weight, not lose it. Anavar is a STEROID, they make people, especially women gain weight/muscle and fat unless taken before a comp for muscle retention while dieting and/or using with other pre comp drugs.
If you're not already at a low body fat percentage you're just going to look "bulky" from any cycle.
NEVER take advice from men who know nothing about women and steroids, very very few actually know anything when it comes to women. What works for them certainly doesn't for us. 30mgs a day is a very high dosage for a woman. If you're dead set on taking Var, 5mgs a day for the first week or two then 5mgs twice daily for 6-8 weeks is a beginner cycle.
Prepare for extra oily skin, cystic acne, loss of period, extra hair growth (everywhere), deepening voice, clit enlargement, bloating, possible spotting, hair loss, moodiness.

The Rockette

Reaction score
I didn't realize she posted this twice. I wanted to copy and post my reply here too. But also add that I didn't see that she JUST had those procedures done, I thought she meant she was going to have them done in 4 months. Dieting while healing from surgery is a huge NO NO. You need to have your cals at maintenance and rather clean, low sodium while healing from a tummy tuck. I am getting one done, along with hernia and ab muscle repair in a few months. I have a small amount of skin that refuses to tighten up due to pregnancy. No working out for at least 4 weeks and no heavy lifting for 4 months. OP, the lipo surgery will always be there. It can take up to a full year for a TT to heal. Don't stress losing weight right now. You don't want to risk messing yourself up and having to go through surgery again or complications.

Here's my other reply in case you missed it OP
Well, expect to gain weight, not lose it. Anavar is a STEROID, they make people, especially women gain weight/muscle and fat unless taken before a comp for muscle retention while dieting and/or using with other pre comp drugs.
If you're not already at a low body fat percentage you're just going to look "bulky" from any cycle.
NEVER take advice from men who know nothing about women and steroids, very very few actually know anything when it comes to women. What works for them certainly doesn't for us. 30mgs a day is a very high dosage for a woman. If you're dead set on taking Var, 5mgs a day for the first week or two then 5mgs twice daily for 6-8 weeks is a beginner cycle.
Prepare for extra oily skin, cystic acne, loss of period, extra hair growth (everywhere), deepening voice, clit enlargement, bloating, possible spotting, hair loss, moodiness.

sassy69

BEEFCAKE
Registered Member
Reaction score
5 5 5'6
185 lbs
i want to drop till 155

snack yogurt or bar
dinner herballift shake

I really hate that diet, but additionally if you're not lifting you are just gonna get thick on var.

If you're using the heralife shakes or whatever they are (this? http://az31823.vo.msecnd.net/content/en-us/pdf/catalog/120424_sku3106_us_label.pdf) , when I google them, I got they are 9 g of protein, 13 g of carb & 1 g of fat? Are you mixing them w/ whole milk?

If not, then I'd ballpark your diet at:

Meal 1: 9 g P / 13 g C / 1 g F - 90 calories
Meal 2: 32 g P / ~10 g C / 0 g F - 200 cals if I assume you're eating 4 oz of chicken and just vegetables. Any salad dressing?
Meal 3: hate it - yogurt is just yummy flavored carbs and a handful of protein grams if any, bars are full of processed stuff to hold them together - should be used for convenience and not a regular meal.
Meal 4: 9 g P / 13 g C / 1 g F - 90 cals

So a total of maybe 60 g of protein, 60-70 g carbs (most of which are sugary carbs and no good starch-based carbs) and next to no fat. And a total of like 6-800 cals? OMG.

So you're undereating big time. You can starve off some fat but eventually your body is going to tell you to take a hike because it just interprets this as "drought" and will start to slow down metabolism, and hold onto whatever body fat you have.

Also there's next to no real food in this. If you want to heal from these surgeries - if I'm reading correctly you already had a boob job and a tummy tuck - your body has next to nothing to fuel the healing process. You have no good fats and minimal carbs to fuel anything.

JMHO - get some real food, get a copy of Bill Philips' Body For Life book and use that to build a clean diet. Get out and do some walking, get good quality sleep and let your body heal well between these surgeries and to the next one. I seriously do not recommend anavar and I just hate this diet because its not really doing anything except starving you down. The problem w/ starving down is that when you hit the point where the body wont' work w/ you anymore, it will rebound.

ctr10

Registered Member
Reaction score
Sassy knows her shit!!!

sassy69

BEEFCAKE
Registered Member
Reaction score
Also if you're going to continue w/ that var, you should really be splitting it into two dosings every 12 hours. The half-life of anavar is about 9 hours so dosing it near that reduces spiking as the dose attenuates at the rate of its half-life. That helps reduce the impact of the sides. However as noted above, 30 mg is ultra more than I'd recommend for anyone other than someone training balls to the wall and w/ some experience w/ cycling.

Even if you're looking for just a therapeutic dose to help support healing - frankly the old BTG anavars at 2.5 mg would be fully sufficient. But again, IMO 30 mg is overkill in so many ways its not even funny.

leanlady

Reaction score
I'm so glad to have found this site!! I too have recently began to gain knowledge and educate myself on var. Looking to add that wow factor to my workouts and physic. But am defiantly in the beginning stages and want to do my homework on the product to be prepared. Any input and or feedback on where to start would be great!! I found that there are a lot of non-reputable sources.
Thanks in advance!!